27/08/2008 Holding disk in my hands

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby gubr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 am

There are about 10 modifications on Russian part of GSC forum concerning Clear Sky!

Among them:
1) transparent inventory;
2) transparent inventory with 10 slots for art-s;
3) cancel of ammo spawn and respawn in trunks;
4) more blood;
5) proper gun names for Russian version;
6) save crashes fix;
7) sleeping bag;
8) description of stashes content on minimap;
9) weapon icons fix - some weapons icons differed in terms of colour from their 3D models...

AMK adding old/new monsters )))
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 am

I have no chance of getting the original version without going to Belgrade and besides I'm in grammar school now my parents certainly won't let me buy a game so I'll go and try to a cd store in town and regularly check on it-yarr
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby gubr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 am

AfterburnzzPX wrote:I have no chance of getting the original version without going to Belgrade and besides I'm in grammar school now my parents certainly won't let me buy a game so I'll go and try to a cd store in town and regularly check on it-yarr

As you are from Europe - you have to wait till 5th of September.

From Russian threads of GSC forum I have an impression that Ukraine and Russia are beta testers for GSC! ))) A lot of bug reports concerning CS!!!! On Russian part of stalker-game.com there is a link for the first patch (which makes your CS of 1.0003 version). Gaming with this patch I do not have any complains about game stability, but I'm on first two locations.

However developers promised to issue secod patch on the 5th of September. Probably for Europe there will be one patch made of two merged.
gubr
I-project

Postby super-panda » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:53 pm

Gubr could you be more clear on what you think of clear sky, from your point of view?

How do you feel while you are playing it? For the prices of video games, I would like to have your opinion too. But from what you sayed, your version have bugs?

One thing which I doubt for, however, would be the fact that they made the russian version with more bugs than the other wordlwide releases. Normally, video games are supposed to have the exact same content for every country, apart the traduction differencies. But there might be exceptions.

Or maybe, one thing I'm thinking, is the fact that as the north american and europe (western mostly, for the moment) inhabitants are the biggest consumers of that types of video games, they might have polished more those versions than the russian. Still, it's only a supposition.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby reaper_2346 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

russians very lucky.play for me please.enjoy guys :D
reaper_2346

Postby gubr » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:21 pm

super-panda wrote:Gubr could you be more clear on what you think of clear sky, from your point of view?

How do you feel while you are playing it? For the prices of video games, I would like to have your opinion too. But from what you sayed, your version have bugs?

One thing which I doubt for, however, would be the fact that they made the russian version with more bugs than the other wordlwide releases. Normally, video games are supposed to have the exact same content for every country, apart the traduction differencies. But there might be exceptions.

Or maybe, one thing I'm thinking, is the fact that as the north american and europe (western mostly, for the moment) inhabitants are the biggest consumers of that types of video games, they might have polished more those versions than the russian. Still, it's only a supposition.

Well... The game is full of bugs! That is for sure!! And that is probably can not be fixed from what I think I know about game development!!!

BUT

I ADORE this game. As well as bugged Shadows of Chernobyl! Why? Because the guys from GSC try hard to merge unmergeble: a-lafe and scripts. A-life means living of the game and NPCs on their own, scripts mean that NPCs have to act according to some scripts and algorythms! This is very complicated task! The guys tried to make a game full of unexpected nonlinear things in the story line... which can not be in this game as they tried to make it absolutely unlinear.

This game is THE GAME. You can not tell if it is gonna run on your hardware or not. If you can tell this - this means that you are good user. If you can fix some bugs using offered fixes from independent persons - you are very good user. If you can write your own fix for this game - you are almost god but here you realize that you can not fix all the game!!! Because of its engine, because of its shaders, because of its imperfectness!!! As life itself can not be fixed! Some key characters dies before you can get to the place of the task. And it is not your fault, it is life itself.

You can think I'm insane or freak or bloody patriot ... whatever... and you might be right! It is the point - the game is different for everybody. It really depends on: what hardware you have, what configuration, what do you install just right after your OS is installed, how fresh drivers do you have (the latest doesn't mean the best), letters of what alphabet did you use in target folder, where do you go first of all getting into the game. And you can influence on the game, but you cannot control it. No matter how much you paid for it...

If you are interested in graphics - there are prettier games! If you are interested in quests - there are more consequential games, if you are interested in AI - ...probably there are game better in this terms. There is no one thing only! The game that merges all those imperfectnesses! ))) Thanks good lord we have such guys as Dezodor, Barin, Bardak, ZEN and rest... and it is not asslicking! ))) I'm just saying that this game can be better every time and different every gameplay and somebody from aside cam make this game better and there are such persons!

Sorry if said something wrong, and probably I will dismiss everything above with following announcement but... Super-Panda is from Napoleon's line... Oh! Sorry, wrong card - I meant: I'm a bit drunk, but I would sign every word of mine above when I'm not drunk! )
gubr
I-project

Postby dez » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:31 am

http://translate.google.es/translate?u= ... s&ie=UTF-8

Download Gamer.... its a company, and now they sell stalker and clear sky too. it does not have any starforce, its executable installer, and you need to enter the code you get when buying... and done.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Daniel Von Rommel » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:33 pm

Gubr... PLEASE link me to the gore mod and the sleeping bag, Pleeaaaseee :D

Oh and link me to the direct download thingy please, no wierd russian download pages :wink:
"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."
Daniel Von Rommel

Postby gubr » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:55 pm

Daniel Von Rommel wrote:Gubr... PLEASE link me to the gore mod and the sleeping bag, Pleeaaaseee :D

Oh and link me to the direct download thingy please, no wierd russian download pages :wink:

GSC forum is temporary closed for maintenance - as soon as it will be back I will copy links here. Doubt that all of the mods for Russian version will work properly in Eng vers.
gubr
I-project

Postby Daniel Von Rommel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:23 am

Don't worry I can mess around with mods, I used to make my own mini mods in the old Stalker
"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."
Daniel Von Rommel

Previous

Return to Clear Sky Discussion