Modding instruments from GSC

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Modding instruments from GSC

Postby gubr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:22 pm

I do not know what is SDK, but it is clear for me that it would help to modders to make mods. I heard that people hoped to have SDK after CS is released. So I asked about release of modding instruments on the forum of GSC in thread "Developers answering questions". I asked when SDK or something like modding instruments will be issues if ever.

I received answer from Drakon v palto that the problem is as follows: to make such an instrument with references and instructions and user's manual there should be a department or at least team for that purpose only. Unfortunately in Russia developing teams of different games are very small and they have not enough people for development of the game even, not mentioning mod-instruments.

So I guess there will be no sdk, whatever it is.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:09 pm

SDK-Software Development Kit,bunch of tools used to create applications and(I think) edit existing ones.Usually released by the companies who published the software,for example the adobe Flexhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flex
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 am

GSC said, there wont be sdk for Clear Sky in the near future. So we will turn back to SHOC, and mod that like we did before.

As i know, GSC has some plans with clear sky, possibly some addon or what....
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:46 pm

Would producing a SDK be something that an enterprising mod team could do, if they were given help and access to the necessary information by GSC?

Their reason basically boils down to "we just don't have enough people". I'm betting there are thousands who would volunteer their time if they were to be given similar support to what an in-house team would require.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:25 am

the problem is different. they have plans with xray1.5 in the near future, so probably they wont release sdk, until they finish their project, probably an addon but that would be released only next year or so.... and thats why "no sdk"

however these things are not approved yet.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Daniel Von Rommel » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 pm

GSC just lost my money :wink:
"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."
Daniel Von Rommel

Postby Ceano » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 am

dezodor wrote:GSC said, there wont be sdk for Clear Sky in the near future. So we will turn back to SHOC, and mod that like we did before.

As i know, GSC has some plans with clear sky, possibly some addon or what....

I think they rely need to squish those damn script bugs first that makes the game CTD, finish one product before starting a new one.
Ceano

Return to Clear Sky Discussion