*&^# crashes

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

*&^# crashes

Postby kiwiflyboy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:22 am

:evil: Ok,i have just brought the new Clear Sky,so bloody far i can only access the Swamp and Cordon,when i try to go from the Swamp to Agropom the bloody game crashes to desktop,no matter i delete my last save game and retry getting into Agropom. and then i tried my first access to Garbage from the Cordon and it crashed to desktop again :evil: I do have the lastest patch,but if i keep getting this bullshit it'll be the shredder for this game,ok now thats over :lol: has anyone else had this frustrating problem?
kiwiflyboy

Postby Daniel Von Rommel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 am

I get random crashes and some crashes when I talk to special people (no main quest related so far) but no bugs when switching levels.
"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."
Daniel Von Rommel

Postby dez » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:27 pm

yep it crashes here too, and sometimes it starts to lag and i get 1fps until i reboot my pc. strange things. im currently playing 1.5.00 (unpatched) and some fixed scripts from russian site.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Daniel Von Rommel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Remember to disable prefetching
"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."
Daniel Von Rommel

Postby dez » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:36 pm

most bugs are script related, and no matter if prefetch is disabled or not, it will happen randomly... sooner or later i will give up.

i remember when first played shoc. it was cool, played it 3times after each. i couldnt stop it. but now cs? cs wont run, it wont give me a chance to finish it at least once :D and to tell the truth, im loosing my patience.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby gubr » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Dez, I would recommend you to install 1.5.04 as it fix on of the main problems: overreaching IDs number. Check your logs guys. The problem with ID number is as follows: there are plenty of trunks/boxes on stalkers' camps and ammo all the time respawn in those. So if you will not be fast enough to sell all that ammo you will have crashes.

Well, after three weeks of gaming I had 3 crashes. I started with 1.5.03 and now continue with 1.5.04. Main reasons for using 1.5.04:
1) fix of ID overhelming (by stop respown ammo in boxes);
2) fix random bug with saves (in 1.5.03 saves some times were damaged if saved not through console);
3) several storyline fixes which is EXTREMELY hard to pass through ... like task to kill sniper who is immortal.
4) fix of different random bugs leading to CTD.

On Russian forum half of players are happy with the game, half is ready to tare GSC apart becouse of bugs/lags and crashes. The game is extremely not finished.

As for me - I was on swamps, cordon, garbage, dark valley, agroprom and no crashes.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby kiwiflyboy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:53 am

Thanx for the link TheDirty,and sorta pleased to see that even a developer like Dez is frustrated like me,shame they couldn't work in with the likes of Bethesda who made the brillant Oblivion that i still play and Crytek with FarCry,both these games i have never had any problems with,perhaps i mite leave ClearSky for awhile maybe 6mnths till they have sorted out the probs,actually to tell the truth it crashed one to many times on me so i [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] tossed it, now i have to buy a new copy,guess thats what happens when you get involved in a game [smilie=grayball-intent.gif] and i'm not even a angry person [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
kiwiflyboy

Return to Clear Sky Discussion