Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby dez » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:35 am

because you cannot kill him :D that would break the "storyline"
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby gubr » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:48 pm

dezodor wrote:because you cannot kill him :D that would break the "storyline"

It would be better if they made a video or scene (as on Wild territory with scientists in SoC) - to avoid this silly thing. :)
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby magpie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:20 pm

BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! Freedom is out from the map :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:! Yesterday I gave them the biggest hit: their base is gone! Duty and me (a duty solder too :D ) put their base down! Today I have left those territories and start dazzling around in red forest and put down the bridge to Limansk! Also on Limansk I have helped those 2 idiots with a medkit (those bandits) and ... I am currently working on Limansk level :D
dez0wave developer
magpie
dez0wave developer

Postby barin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:12 pm

magpie wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! Freedom is out from the map :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:! Yesterday I gave them the biggest hit: their base is gone! Duty and me (a duty solder too :D ) put their base down! Today I have left those territories and start dazzling around in red forest and put down the bridge to Limansk! Also on Limansk I have helped those 2 idiots with a medkit (those bandits) and ... I am currently working on Limansk level :D

Those who live by the AK, die by the AK. Got that duty?! :wink:

Well take a look at your agroprom base magpie, it's gone now in my game :lol:
dez0wave developer
barin
dez0wave developer

Postby magpie » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:35 pm

barin wrote:
magpie wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! Freedom is out from the map :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:! Yesterday I gave them the biggest hit: their base is gone! Duty and me (a duty solder too :D ) put their base down! Today I have left those territories and start dazzling around in red forest and put down the bridge to Limansk! Also on Limansk I have helped those 2 idiots with a medkit (those bandits) and ... I am currently working on Limansk level :D

Those who live by the AK, die by the AK. Got that duty?! :wink:

Well take a look at your agroprom base magpie, it's gone now in my game :lol:

Betrayer!!! :shock: You are charged with high grade of betrayal to the duty code and world's safety! You are punished and you must restore the law and order back immediately!!!

:D Ok everyone likes in his way! I chose the duty way! You chose the road to hell :twisted:
dez0wave developer
magpie
dez0wave developer

Postby magpie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:57 am

Guys! I have finished the game today! :( And I am a bit disapointed: when the NPP level was loaded it showed me an animation with an electrified Strelok {:D} and I had to destroy his psy- prototype with a tesla gun! I have destroyed him immediately (and also killed him)... then surprise: the nuclear reactor blew up and the ending movie played! And that's it!!! No gun fight no nothing! In less than 1 minute I have finished the level... :cry:
I said no problem: I will restart the level and not shoot Strelok to the end and let him escape... I had a gunfight and my objective was to stop Strelok (again) and to close a cooling pipe; no matter how hard I tried to shoot the bad guys that god damn power plant blew!!! :(
God help me!

But the game in his "core" was outstanding! But the older version was better! (In my opinion- the graphics and the level construction)
dez0wave developer
magpie
dez0wave developer

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:01 pm

Nah,Dez,I finished it,and to tell you the truth,this game,in comparison to SHOC is a pile of dog crap.ASA I passed it for the third time I quit and went back to SHOC.
EDIT:My post under yours again?STH is weird with this forum engine
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:03 pm

meh and i still havent played it :S

i restarted it 10times, but always died because of radiation, when i tried to explore the level deeper, and i miss the crackle sound of rad, since if you are deep in the game, you often forget that you hear heavy breathing, and you will die soon. thats what happens with me all the time, and to tell the truth, im getting sick of the first level :D i dont think i want to play stalker anyway :F
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Try not to spoil. But keep giving your opinions on the game.

But AVOID spoilers! It's possible, you know..
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nite » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:28 pm

how did you successfully take over the freedom base? I killed everyone in the freedom base and duty never moved in to secure it and the freedom guys just respawns, no matter what faction base I take over its never successful because my guys don't secure it.
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't think any faction's base can be 'taken' permanently. Even if you are accompanied by members of your faction and get the prize for doing it, when you leave the area your compatriots will vanish from the taken base and more enemies will spawn there.

After a while things would get a bit dead otherwise. Cordon is, apart from the military outpost, entirely stalker territory - the only action is the odd mutant showing up.

Yantar is dead quiet after all the zombies are shot down because they don't respawn.

Once the military and Monolith are gone from AW there is only the odd spat between Freedom and Duty.

Red forest is also quiet apart from mutants.

Clearing enemies from Limansk leaves it silent - not even any mutants.

There is a 'freeplay' mod that makes the Limansk level-changer two-way, so you can go back.

It also seems that there are unmarked level-changers. I found one last night that goes Yantar -> Dark Valley.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:56 pm

still messing with it then red? as i am trying differant awys to see if there is a game in there but, in the back of my hwad there is limansk onwards a big letdown :cry:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Soduka » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:58 pm

super-panda wrote:Try not to spoil. But keep giving your opinions on the game.

But AVOID spoilers! It's possible, you know..

Opinion on the game after having played it

Don't come in the topic if you don't have an opinion and haven't finished playing it. Simple.
Soduka
dez0wave tester

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:23 pm

Soduka, some of us have finished it several times.

And I'm not sure it is possible to 'spoil' such a game - GSC already did far more of that than I ever could before they released it.

For my opinion, check earlier posts.

Super-Panda, it is possible to get a decent game out of it, up until Limansk at least. But getting the right patch (.04 works better than .05 for some people, and vice-versa) is crucial, and a small mod or two helps enormously - especially the 'freeplay' mod from Ceano's little collection. It means you can come back from Limansk.

The bit (and I mean 'bit') after Limansk is the big let-down. It seems to be over in minutes when I was expecting more hours of gameplay.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby super-panda » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Hum, for the moment I have only played it a little moment, and it seem ok for me.

The huge, HUGE dissapointement for me is the ambiance. So far, the levels are all right, BUT WHY IS THERE ELECTRO MUSIC? that doesn't make any sense! The musics in the previous game were exellent for the ambiance but for clear sky, we have a dance-party style of music? wwwHHHAAATTT?????

I mean, really, were they drunk when they thought about that? In a horror video game, you are playing it to be scared, no? What if in resident evil or silent hill series (this serie of games is evil!!! horrible!! it's ...unexplanable), had music close to "village people" or "I am born to be alive"?? I mean, damn! This is ugly! It totally breaks apart the ambiance!!!

So anyway, if anyone know how to remove those shitty musics themes, I am hearing, and if there is a way to put back those from shoc, or others closer to what you are supposed to have like ambiance, give me some help. It really breaks my balls apart.

The only other main problem I saw for the moment are still the technical issues, they don't seem to have improved everything, but it's not such a huge deal than the terible music, apart for the fact that my dvd reader is still insanly loud when he reads the game.

I will share my other opinions once I have advanced a bit, but please, please, give me a hand for music, I can't stand that shit anymore, it's horrible.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

PreviousNext

Return to Clear Sky Discussion