Opinion on the game after having played it

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby dez » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 pm

turn off dynamic music in the main options :) yep that ruins the atmosphere, and also the owercrowded areas too :S
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:39 am

A chap called 'imperialreign' on the ZSG site is currently looking into changing many of the voices, getting ZSG members to do the voice-acting. I think he may be changing some of the music, too.

I'm sure there must be other mods out and about already to sort out the music. But check out the link below....

http://www.heroesradio.com/stalker/Foru ... php?t=2268

I think 'Village People' would fit better in a Monolith base. :lol:

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:08 pm

After having more advanced in the game, I still stay with my first impressions: maybe most of you were waiting too much for clear sky.

Stalker: shadow of chernobyl already raised the bar very high, there was mainly for me the technicals problems, and the fact that you are yet again alone against lots and lots of ennemies, but the game was very good, special mention to the underground places, they are insanly well done.
That's what I call an ambiance for a horror based game.

Even if clear sky has some dissapointing features ( the faction war is really ....strange), and some others which I feel should have been a bit more fleshed out before release (armor and weapons upgrading), I still find that overall, there is improvements over the previous game.

Not HUGE improvements, but some nice additions, still, I am me too a little dissapointed, but the price of the game is lower, so it's already that.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Hell,GSC ain't planning to do anything besides release patches which only create more bugs.If you don't like it,mod/wait for someone to mod it
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:22 pm

gsc saw that players are not fine with the game, so you can expect something in the near future. cant say more, sorry.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Wow dezodor, you are putting saliva in my mouth. Talk, or I will send you controllers and bloodsuckers!

Anyway, I hardly suppose there will have a major overall, the problem was maybe that the producer wanted to rush the game before finishing, still, I'm having far less technical problems with clear sky than with stalker:shadow of chernobyl.

My main inquiery is really the faction wars, it's not exactly what I was waiting for, and it doesn't work that well, which quite dissapoint me.

It's really something that can greatly extend lifetime of the game, and make the zone more lively (which human beings will stay in the same place forever??? Apart from administrative workers, which are always depressed due to the fact that humans are not done for that).
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:04 am

super-panda wrote:Wow dezodor, you are putting saliva in my mouth. Talk, or I will send you controllers and bloodsuckers!

Tried that...Didn't work...He's not gonna budge... :headfuck
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:44 am

super-panda wrote:the problem was maybe that the producer wanted to rush the game

the problem was the rush, and the team leader, aka we can call it producer, said, release is now or never. he wanted to release it before leving the company. he did, and left gsc.

on the other hand, its not that bad game, yep, its better to call it an expansion, not a separated game. soon we will see what they are up to. an expansion? or sdk? ah god knows...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 am

dezodor wrote:
super-panda wrote:the problem was maybe that the producer wanted to rush the game

the problem was the rush, and the team leader, aka we can call it producer, said, release is now or never. he wanted to release it before leving the company. he did, and left gsc.

on the other hand, its not that bad game, yep, its better to call it an expansion, not a separated game. soon we will see what they are up to. an expansion? or sdk? ah god knows...

Or yourself...
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:06 pm

AfterburnzzPX wrote:
dezodor wrote:

Or yourself...[/quote
i think someone will tell us when someone knows :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 pm

dezodor wrote:gsc saw that players are not fine with the game, so you can expect something in the near future. cant say more, sorry.

lips are sealed eh dez :wink:
give us a little clue pretty please :?
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Stay on the topic title, you will see by yourself if a huge walk is done for us.

Anyway, my opinion stay as the same, good, but maybe not enought compared to what we were waiting for, still, the price is lower than most other video games so... But I'm really waiting to see what dezowave team will do with all that.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:27 am

new patch will be out this week, now i think i will try to play it thru. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 am

That's it?That's the big deal?New patch coming out?Seriously,dez,that wasn't even worth hiding...
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:02 am

nope.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

PreviousNext

Return to Clear Sky Discussion