Dez0wave Team Mods Discussion

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby Red Schuhart » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:21 pm

ZeroKelvin wrote: ...with the pistols and shotguns being good now.

Ya, but good for what?

I tried out the most powerful shotgun in the game, the Dutyer's 'Ripper'; two up-close shots centre of mass on a bandit and it still needed a headshot to drop him.

The first two shots should have pinned both his lungs to a tree 100 yards behind him - and done some serious damage to the tree, too.

That 'Ripper' shotgun has a damage level a hair short of the RPG. When the first shot hit that bandit it should have blown him completely out of his boots.

The problem is using the same scale of damage for shotguns as for assault rifles. No way is one bullet from an assault rifle going to do as much damage as a point-blank shotgun blast, 'Ripper' or not.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:
Ya, but good for what?

I tried out the most powerful shotgun in the game, the Dutyer's 'Ripper'; two up-close shots centre of mass on a bandit and it still needed a headshot to drop him.

The first two shots should have pinned both his lungs to a tree 100 yards behind him - and done some serious damage to the tree, too.

That 'Ripper' shotgun has a damage level a hair short of the RPG. When the first shot hit that bandit it should have blown him completely out of his boots.

The problem is using the same scale of damage for shotguns as for assault rifles. No way is one bullet from an assault rifle going to do as much damage as a point-blank shotgun blast, 'Ripper' or not.

yeah i agree the weapons are realy realy underpowered :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Dezodor, I would like to know which are the current projects?

There is, I suppose, the next priboi story, the "back to the roots" project, but whhere can we have easly acess to informations. Beside, is it really impossible to use stalker clear sky game as a base? Is there too much problems?

If the most important things can be ported to the first stalker, why not, but it is really possible that a newer game is harder to handle than an older one????

Anyway red shuart, you are right, some weapons really don't make sense. Beside, I don't think that stats are that reliable, and basicly it's not such a great idea, the informations should not be that precise, I think.

But, does it really any sense that the player alone can kill so much people? Not really. Your allies in the game should be more lively, and help you quite more, and not staying everywhere at doing nothing.

I mean, even when a near group is attacked, or when there is gunfire, most of them will not move. I noticed that there is some kind of guarding, but there is not enought patrols to my taste. How does they have their supllies and weapons? Does they just fall from the sky in their hands?...

This is a waste, as in fact, there is really cool moves and new artificial intelligence, it's just a waste. There should be more assaults, it's a warzone, not barbie dressing room. when bloodleechers and controllers might be close to you, you don't stand at doing nothing!!

Finally, it would be nice to have maybe more factions, as in fact, there is far fewer than what was supposed. I would like to be a monolite fag.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Er. Hmmm. Well now.

Let me see. How do I put this?

I was with you all the way, Super-Panda, until that last sentence.

What, ah, is a 'monolite fag'?

And why do you want to be one?

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:23 pm

problely so as to wear the exo-skeleton armor :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 am

Monolite fag? :lol:
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Previous

Return to Clear Sky Discussion