Dez0wave Team Mods Discussion

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Dez0wave Team Mods Discussion

Postby Nite » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:10 pm

I figure I would start this thread ;)

what is your plan for a major mod on Clear Sky dezo? I'm curious :D

Vehicles for sure I would like to see re added again, the new maps have alot of open space.
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Postby dez » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:00 am

actually we thought the opposite.

first: no sdk for cs, and actually we dont like the game. when shoc was released i was sick of waiting, and completed it 8times in a 2weeks period, and im still fan of the game.

about cs.... it was released a few weeks ago, and i still havent played it deeper, and somehow, i dont feel motivation to play. or mod it.

but we planned to took the 4 new map from cs and add it to shoc, and make the zone bigger and bigger. we just want to bring back the 30km2 zone feeling, or even bigger. but that needs time.. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Nite » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:07 am

oooooo that I like, the new maps in the original stalker would be a awesome idea :D

oh and thier is more than 4 new maps, thier is maybe 6 or so ;) some of the new places have undergrounds
Last edited by Nite on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nite

Postby muffin man » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Bring gun upgrades and the faction wars new maps and guns shoc would be the funnest thing ever
muffin man

Postby magpie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Good thinking! I propose to vote your idea, because is great :D ClearSky into Shoc is a wonderful idea... Who is with me?:D
dez0wave developer
magpie
dez0wave developer

Postby Daniel Von Rommel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Why not bring Shoc into CS ? :(

I like the New AI and Better Engine
Last edited by Daniel Von Rommel on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."
Daniel Von Rommel

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm

wow!! merge the two brilliant! :D
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Nite » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:36 pm

if you can transfer the Transport Guides, Better Trade Screen interface, Faction Wars, Weapon and Armor Upgrades, and New Maps to SHOC then I'm with you :D

These were the feutures I liked most in Clear Sky

Daniel Von Rommel wrote:Why not bring Shoc into CS ? :(

CS into SHOC would be better because the SHOC game engine is alot better optimized and has more to do too. Clear Sky's storyline is a bit weak to be honest
Nite

Postby muffin man » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:42 pm

magpie wrote:Good thinking! I propose to vote your idea, because is great :D ClearSky into Shoc is a wonderful idea... Who is with me?:D

ME!!! :D
muffin man

Postby Red Schuhart » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Perhaps Lt Slipchenko could fall out of the helicopter during the attempt to kill him, and land just as two moving anomolies collide, hurling him back in time by 24 months to find himself in the middle of faction wars.

That would mean that there were two Priboi Slipchenkos - one in the Zone and the other still behind his desk at whatever military base he came from before PS 1.1

His quest, at that point, would be to (a) survive, and (b) find his way out of the zone and contact himself to let him know that his boss intends to kill him after the mission he will be given in 2 years time.

There has been mention of an odd, time-dilating anomoly. Maybe two of those could collide to provide the time-slip effect.

This would effectively mean that Lt Slipchenko would be stuck in a time loop, forever going through PS 1.1 then returning to 2 years before that point and living the whole thing again.

Or maybe I just read too much SF.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 am

interesting thought though red :lol:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Hunterk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:19 am

I vote for SOCH into CS!
I know CS's storyline sucks... just cut it or make it better.
I like SOCH but I think that CS should be givin a chance in the modding world. I even have a story for PS2. How about:
Your character is the blockpost commander... however meany years later. He works for the millitary but acts as a "Fund Raiser" by doing missions for the outher factions. He can eventually join any faction and cut all ties with the millitary. Ya
Hunterk

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:37 am

Uhh,red,you do read a lot of SF.Let's make the char either Priboi's friend or Priboi...Let's just say he fell into the Vortex-Electro mix the blind man from ZSG saw....Why hurl him in time when you can just give him the RPG and make him shoot them down
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:36 pm

I also agree that it would be better to use clear sky.

I don't really know which of shadow of chernobyl or clear sky is easier to mod, but overall, clear sky is still an improvement compared to shoc, even if there is much features that have been cut off.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:31 pm

Nite wrote:if you can transfer the Transport Guides, Better Trade Screen interface, Faction Wars, Weapon and Armor Upgrades, and New Maps to SHOC then I'm with you :D

These were the feutures I liked most in Clear Sky

Daniel Von Rommel wrote:Why not bring Shoc into CS ? :(

CS into SHOC would be better because the SHOC game engine is alot better optimized and has more to do too. Clear Sky's storyline is a bit weak to be honest

i totaly agree take the good working parts out of cs add to shoc,then sell the rest back to GSC as an unfinished game like they did to us :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Next

Return to Clear Sky Discussion