Dez0wave Team Mods Discussion

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby dez » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:18 am

shoc engine is much better at this moment, and lack of cs modtools, the only way to make maps for cs would be an updated xray sdk for 1.5 engine.

shoc has many adventages, more stable, most graphics upgrades can be ported, and already ported by sky4ce. Faction warz... just scripts, can be ported, or make new, we already made new stylfe for priboi 1.2, you will see, not as rush as in cs, but at least the levels are not flooded with npcs.
also for shoc, we can make lots of sp maps, and we can fill up the zone.

only the dx10 engine features cannot be ported to shoc.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 am

yes dez as i said in previous post use shoc and add what you can from cs dx9 fully maxed is just as good as dx10. :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:21 pm

So, for the moment, it's better to still have the copy of stalker: shadow of chernobyl near your hands?

Anyway, for the direct x10 features,.... damn that, it's so stupid. The main thing is that I doubt this game can ever be played with the max graphics, apart if you have lots and lots of money ( I mean full bags of cash), and have one of the fucking best computer of the moment.

My computer is .. what I would say decent or good, and I still can't run the game at very high settings without lag, and even at high, some objects, like grass etc.. still looks horrible.

Why not making every objects looks at least nice? The armor and bodies of humans, as well as most mutants are beautifull; but some objects are just a pain to watch. WHY?

So, directx10 features are really useless, I would rather more like to see a stable game!

Finally, if clear sky good features, like better head-ups-display, better interface, and others good things added can be ported, why not? But why didn't they released tools? That's nasty! BUT NOT the fucking music!
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby reaper_2346 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:11 pm

i think you did strelok's story.like a priboi story.strelok s adventures and wars.good think isn't it :D
reaper_2346

Postby Red Schuhart » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Remember pre-CS, Dez? You saying that, once CS was released, no-one would be playing SoC any more.

Now they're playing through CS a couple of times and then sprinting back to SoC as fast as they can.

Just use CS for what you can use out of it. Nobody needs DX10 as it costs so much upgrading your machine to make it useful.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby gubr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:...Just use CS for what you can use out of it. Nobody needs DX10...

Absolutely agree with Red. I walked CS through once and now I'm back in ShoC PS 1.1

As to Dx10 - no matter how many people yelling they need the game with eye-catching-super-duper-terra-antiallizing-mega-turbo graphics - first thing they unconsciously look for is interesting gameplay! Who/what do you choose:
1) soft brilliant luxurious but plastic doll or
2) highly experienced professional ... girl... with not really pretty face?
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby super-panda » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Well gubr, I will just tell you that you can scratch the face from the doll and paste it to the girl, then, no problem! (Maybe a too evil joke, though, you have been raised for being attracted by girls/women with.. "better looking form").

Anyway, it's true you got the point, but to change those things, you must blow the idea that better graphics doesn't always mean good game by dealing with it with massive explosions.

Beside, I found quite amusing that while clear sky have sun-rays, realistic sun or whatever, as I sayed, some grass and objects looks horrible. Why not giving the same level of details for everything? Don't they like grass???Whatever.

On clear sky, I still think that the interface is better, lots of things have been improved, but good things are gone too. And the "dynamic music " is ASS! WHERE THEY DRUNK WHEN THEY THOUGHT ABOUT IT?

While the faction wars is quite unstable and doesn't always make sense, it's a exellent idea for me, as for the customisation of supllies, I love the idea. It's just nice to have your "own" items. But maybe the area of possibilities should be made greater.

I'm awaiting to see what the dezodor team might craft whith all that, but I still think that there is very interesting things on clear sky, but the fact that gsc game world didn't help modders is balls.
Last edited by super-panda on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:40 pm

jwknaggs wrote:yes dez as i said in previous post use shoc and add what you can from cs dx9 fully maxed is just as good as dx10. :wink:

just to add, dx9 maxed out with sky4ace puts dx10 to shame :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:00 pm

So, will the future plans for priboi stories will be on stalker: shadow of chernobyl? Is clear sky really not that moddable?

I am awaiting to see what will be planned, but, there is nice features in clear sky, wouldn't it be easier to try to create the new mods on clear sky?

Anyway, priboi story really add features I like into stalker: shadow of chernobyl, so I am really anxious of seeing what will be the plans for future projects. Will a thread with plans and suggestions will be open as soon as the ideas and name are found?

I really think that that some of the new things added into clear sky are nice, but are somewhat not used enought, as the faction wars. I would like to know if it can be made more effective.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 pm

and what to do in clear sky? it has everything, what to mod? editing weapons? naah...

only new areas can bring something NEW to modding these days, modders already achieved everything it can be done. UNTIL clear sky has sp sdk, no need to talk about modding cs, because we wont spend our time on it thats for sure.

:)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:14 pm

So dezodor,, for the moment, it will more likely to be a transition to stalker:shadow of chernobyl, with features from clear sky?

The most important thing for me is the faction war. It really make more sense, and improve the felling that the zone is a battleground, because too often the living in the zone are not moving enought. Though, it's not exactly working as I was expecting in clear sky, should there is, for example, more patrol, or more defense when the units are closer?

There is still things that needs to be corrected, it's a great idea, but there is really problems, for the moment, is that moddable?

Also, is it possible to extend the customisation possibilities, and make most of the boosts recognizable on the weapon (because you don't see your amor, so..apart your gloves.) And maybe be able to change ammo, supllies, and improve medikits with different possibilities? For example being able to change a red medikits in a super yellow medkits after providing certain things for the crafting.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:15 pm

dezodor wrote:and what to do in clear sky? it has everything, what to mod? editing weapons? naah...

only new areas can bring something NEW to modding these days, modders already achieved everything it can be done. UNTIL clear sky has sp sdk, no need to talk about modding cs, because we wont spend our time on it thats for sure.

:)

I don't agree. The main thing is not weapons and ammo and ratpies. The main thing is a different story!!! Priboi Story is mostly interesting not because of new weapons and grass and trees. It is so interesting because it is different game. If you even left inventory the same as in vanilla - the mod would be same interesting. Those grass, trees, new view of the locations only HELP to make NEW game with new STORY.

But maybe new story not available without SDK - then I got your point.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby dez » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:11 pm

well as i said we wont do mods for cs. this is just a little exception. i did a little test mod called "no more fences" for shoc last week. and on filefront some guys asked if i will make one for cs too. well... why not. its not so hard and does not require a lot of testing.

so here it is, no more fences minimod for clear sky 1.0

screenshots:
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/fence/1.jpg
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/fence/2.jpg
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/fence/3.jpg
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/fence/4.jpg
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/fence/5.jpg

mod download:
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/No_More_Fence ... z0wave.zip
or from the site download section :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby ZeroKelvin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 pm

CS has a lot of improvements built in compared to the default SoC:

Better Interface
Repairs & Upgrades
Better Health System with lighter items
Weapons are more balanced now with the pistols and shotguns being good now.
Artifacts are much better now, they are rare and really do something
Guides allow faster travelling

The main things I would like to see changed in a mod:

The ability to wipe out a faction by capturing all objectives
NPC Grenades adjusted, they are just too dam good right now
Dart and Slug ammo being more effective
No more gameplay in the NPP map (really sick of it).
ZeroKelvin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:42 pm

Wiping out a faction is actually possible-all you have to do is reduce the number of sqvads and resources to zero(which,I admit,can be painstakingly long and boring).
Freedom is no more,bandits are no more.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PreviousNext

Return to Clear Sky Discussion