new patch

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

new patch

Postby jwknaggs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:28 pm

just downloaded patch 1.5.05 gonna see if it makes any differance :wink:

http://stalker.deepsilver.com/patches
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Word is that it mucks up your saves, though it says it doesn't.

Lots of other problems, too.

GSC said they spent 'a few days' testing it. I think they were testing the Freedom barkeep's latest stock of weed instead.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:22 pm

i don't know about that yet red i'm still in swamps ready to go to cordon the swamps run smoother groups doing what they are suposed to wheather it's the patch or not i don't know yet :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:20 am

Red Schuhart wrote:Word is that it mucks up your saves, though it says it doesn't.

It does.Nothing more

Red Schuhart wrote:GSC said they spent 'a few days' testing it. I think they were testing the Freedom barkeep's latest stock of weed instead.

Lulz
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm

jwknaggs wrote:i don't know about that yet red i'm still in swamps ready to go to cordon the swamps run smoother groups doing what they are suposed to wheather it's the patch or not i don't know yet :wink:

i loaded a save to find squads stood too weapons raised waiting for action guide had gone into swamps went to guide could only take me to clear sky base machine yard etc no cordon went back to farmstead waited 2hrs game clock saved, exit, reload, squad stoodown guide came back took me to cordon :!:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:52 am

I'll stick with the old saw, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

CS is running about okay with the 1.5.04 patch for me. It occasionally just freezes up and refuses to respond, requiring shut down and restart, but beyond that it is playable.

Getting some odd things happening. I cleared the bandit base, ran off to answer a call for help from Freedom at the digger camp, then came back to find 27 bandits running out of their base. Talk about spawning like cockroaches.

I also left Lebedev just outside Limansk. I went back to empty a few stashes and pick up some rewards. I visited the swamps and Lebedev is standing in his office!

Picked up a nice FT200M to use on the Monolithians when I finally go forward into Limansk. Couldn't find anyone capable of upgrading it, though, and it is less powerful than the SIG. Doesn't seem right at all, that.

I hope I can go back after Limansk - got over 200,000 Ru in artifacts in a stash in Cordon.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Nite » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:39 am

Red Schuhart wrote:GSC said they spent 'a few days' testing it. I think they were testing the Freedom barkeep's latest stock of weed instead.

Lolz
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 am

Red Schuhart wrote:I'll stick with the old saw, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

CS is running about okay with the 1.5.04 patch for me. It occasionally just freezes up and refuses to respond, requiring shut down and restart, but beyond that it is playable.

Same thing comrade premier said.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:12 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:I'll stick with the old saw, "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it".

Getting some odd things happening. I cleared the bandit base, ran off to answer a call for help from Freedom at the digger camp, then came back to find 27 bandits running out of their base. Talk about spawning like cockroaches.

I also left Lebedev just outside Limansk. I went back to empty a few stashes and pick up some rewards. I visited the swamps and Lebedev is standing in his office!

Picked up a nice FT200M to use on the Monolithians when I finally go forward into Limansk. Couldn't find anyone capable of upgrading it, though, and it is less powerful than the SIG. Doesn't seem right at all, that.

I hope I can go back after Limansk - got over 200,000 Ru in artifacts in a stash in Cordon.

me too with lebedev, went into tunnel limansk wouldn't let me back dunno if there is another way out.
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby gubr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:58 am

I would like to share some fixes for 1/5/05 with you. However I do not know if they are ok for non-rus versions, but the code should be the same, right?

1.5.05 CTDs and bugs fixes:
---------------------
(1)
fixme_01.10.08.rar by IG-2007
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2lim0

1) Swamp. The trader at Clear Sky camp should offer four different stocks depending on your relations with the party. It was not working - fixed.

2) Cordon. In original game there is bug that makes impossible to get stash with flash stick from Brodyaga. (Maybe his nick name translated, so it should be a nick name like... pilgrim, walker-here-and-there, or something) - fixed.

3) Cordon. The bug that makes impossible to take flash stick from General (leader of one of the military troops you have to kill to make imprisoned military guy talk about Sidorovich's loot). - fixed

4) Jantar (Amber?). The bug that made the door to Sakharov never open - fixed.

5) Military warehouses. The "done" task "to fallow the stalker on the roof in Jantar location" moved.
-----------------------------------

(2)
There is CTD in CS 1.5.05 when you try to give aid kit to a wounded CS-trooper - it is fixed somehow by DihaZ
http://rapidshare.com/files/149878380/gamedata.rar
http://www.files.to/get/417868/nj738wkk58

actually the problem solved by cancel changes in 1.5.05 back to 1.5.04 in the file. But it is not correct:
in 1.5.04 was like this:

if(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="not_set" then
priority = priority + 0
elseif(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="all" then
priority = priority + 1
else
for i=1,#PTID_subtable.npc_community do
if(PTID_subtable.npc_community[i]==npc:character_community()) then
--priority = priority + 3
priority = priority + 2
break
end
end
--priority = priority - 1
end

And in the 1.5.05 became like this:

if(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="not_set" then
priority = priority + 0
elseif(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="all" then
priority = priority + 1
else
for i=1,#PTID_subtable.npc_community do
if(PTID_subtable.npc_community[i]==npc:character_community()) then
priority = priority + 3
--priority = priority + 2
break
end
end
priority = priority - 1
end

We can make back as it was in 1.5.04, but it is the question why it was changed...
To avoid bandit's phrases while aiding CS guys it would be proper to leave the file in 1,5,05 edition and put some changes in dialog_maneger.ltx. The file contents list of phrases with their parameters. Aid phrases loks like this:
[dm_help_1]
[dm_help_2]

In parameters there is list of parties that can use these phrases. And no such phrase have csky party in parameters. The texts of the phrases are in some .ltx file, but I cant recall which exactly. Some of those phrases are definitely bandits and all other can be added to csky. I think it can help with aid bug, but I didn't check.

by IG-2007
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:21 pm

didn't know there were any techies in limansk :!:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby jwknaggs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:00 pm

JimByr wrote:Just to be clear. I was referring to the Clear Sky tech at the Clear Sky base upgrading the FT200M. The Clear Sky squad leaders in Limansk can repair but not upgrade your gear.

thanks jimbyr i didn't know they could repair.makes the game a bit more interesting :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Nite » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:45 am

jwknaggs wrote:didn't know there were any techies in limansk :!:

thier is portable techies in all the latest maps but all they can do is repair your gear not upgrade them so be sure to have some extra RU on hand
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Next

Return to Clear Sky Discussion