CS fixes by people

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

CS fixes by people

Postby gubr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:23 am

I would like to share some fixes for 1/5/05 with you. However I do not know if they are ok for non-rus versions, but the code should be the same, right?

1.5.05 CTDs and bugs fixes:
---------------------
(1)
fixme_01.10.08.rar by IG-2007
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2lim0

1) Swamp. The trader at Clear Sky camp should offer four different stocks depending on your relations with the party. It was not working - fixed.

2) Cordon. In original game there is bug that makes impossible to get stash with flash stick from Brodyaga. (Maybe his nick name translated, so it should be a nick name like... pilgrim, walker-here-and-there, or something) - fixed.

3) Cordon. The bug that makes impossible to take flash stick from General (leader of one of the military troops you have to kill to make imprisoned military guy talk about Sidorovich's loot). - fixed

4) Jantar (Amber?). The bug that made the door to Sakharov never open - fixed.

5) Military warehouses. The "done" task "to fallow the stalker on the roof in Jantar location" moved.
-----------------------------------

(2)
There is CTD in CS 1.5.05 when you try to give aid kit to a wounded CS-trooper - it is fixed somehow by DihaZ
http://rapidshare.com/files/149878380/gamedata.rar
http://www.files.to/get/417868/nj738wkk58

actually the problem solved by cancel changes in 1.5.05 back to 1.5.04 in the file. But it is not correct:

in 1.5.04 was like this:

if(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="not_set" then
priority = priority + 0
elseif(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="all" then
priority = priority + 1
else
for i=1,#PTID_subtable.npc_community do
if(PTID_subtable.npc_community[i]==npc:character_community()) then
--priority = priority + 3
priority = priority + 2
break
end
end
--priority = priority - 1
end

And in the 1.5.05 became like this:

if(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="not_set" then
priority = priority + 0
elseif(PTID_subtable.npc_community=="all" then
priority = priority + 1
else
for i=1,#PTID_subtable.npc_community do
if(PTID_subtable.npc_community[i]==npc:character_community()) then
priority = priority + 3
--priority = priority + 2
break
end
end
priority = priority - 1
end

We can make back as it was in 1.5.04, but it is the question why it was changed...
To avoid bandit's phrases while aiding CS guys it would be proper to leave the file in 1,5,05 edition and put some changes in dialog_maneger.ltx. The file contents list of phrases with their parameters. Aid phrases loks like this:
[dm_help_1]
[dm_help_2]

In parameters there is list of parties that can use these phrases. And no such phrase have csky party in parameters. The texts of the phrases are in some .ltx file, but I cant recall which exactly. Some of those phrases are definitely bandits and all other can be added to csky. I think it can help with aid bug, but I didn't check.

by IG-2007
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Fix by Kolyany4 for 1.5.04 (was made for russian vers.)

Postby gubr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:28 am

IMPORTANT NOTE!!! IT IS FOR 1.5.04

"nil value" fix by kolyany4 (28.09.2008-2)

file: fixme_28.09.2008-2.zip
Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ih8roz

Contents:
1. crash: sim_squad_generic:..: attempt to index local 'npc' (a nil value)
2. crash: smart_terrain.script:29: attempt to index local 'npc_info' (a nil value)
3. crash: sim_board.script:688: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value)
4. Вылет: smart_terrain.script:504: attempt to index local 'npc_info' (a nil value)
5. crash: sim_combat.script:950: attempt to index a nil value
6. crash: smart_terrain.script:1003: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
7. crash: sim_combat.script:429: attempt to index local 'comander' (a nil value)
8. crash: sim_squad_generic.script:342: attempt to call method 'rank' (a nil value)
8.5 crash: sim_squad_generic.script:348: attempt to call method 'rank' (a nil value) ...
9. (RETURNED, was leading to the troubles with point .11) Logical fix:
now after cleaning up a squad (in sim_squad_generic:clear_npc()) for every NPC called on_npc_death
10. Crash: smart_terrain.script:243: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value)
11. Crash: [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: Couldn't find squad to delete [val_smart_terrain_3_0_freedom]
12. Crash: smart_terrain.script:303: attempt to index field 'job_link' (a nil value)
13. Crash: gulag_general.script:327: attempt to index local 'squad' (a nil value)

Contents fixes by IG-2007 (from fixme_19.08.2008.zip)
1) crash: [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: error. <squad name>
2) crash: [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: There is no task with entity_id
3) appearence of done task to fallow the stalker on the roof - moved.
4) Jantar. Impossible to get to Sakharov - the door is closed.
5) Freedom mechanik do not take flash sticks.
6) Cordon. impossible to find flashstick on general's body.
7) Cordon. impossible to get information about stash with flash stick from Brodyaga.
8) Swamp. Fixed trader.
gubr
I-project

Postby gubr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm

by IG-2007

Fix for 1.5.05 (fixme_07.10.08)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1l7m37

1) Swamp. There were a bug with trader of CS - he should offer you four different stocks depending on your relations with the party - fixed.

2) Cordon. The bug due to which you could not take coordinates of stash with flashstik from Brodyaga - fixed.

3) Cordon. The bug due to which you could not take flashstick from General's body - fixed.

4) Yantar. The bug with permanently closed door to Sakharov - fixed.

5) Army warehouses. Repeating task to follow stalker on the roof in Yantar location - moved and fixed.

6) Swamp. A not working task recovered and appears now..

7) Everywhere. A CTD with talk with wounded CS-stalker - fixed.

8) Everywhere. The bug with desappearing stalkers during combat fixed.
gubr
I-project

Postby Danila_STALKER » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Danila_STALKER

Postby Fixer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi gubr,

Your mod seems to be working very well with the non russian version.
I could do many sidequests and the trader got better stuff if I advance in their ranks.No problem in the Swamps :D
I am now in Cordon and trying to find the flash drives for the first time but since I was never able to find them I also have no clue how to activate those quests.
With which NPC do I need to talk with or buy offers from?

Anyway thank you for giving me a bug free experience in the Swamps.
Fixer

Postby super-panda » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Gubr, should you be a bit more clear on the mods you are presenting?

Like, saying if it's stable, what you think of it? Because they are a great pain to search, often the websites are hard to find and their interface is really bad.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Fixer wrote:Hi gubr,

Your mod seems to be working very well with the non russian version.
I could do many sidequests and the trader got better stuff if I advance in their ranks.No problem in the Swamps :D
I am now in Cordon and trying to find the flash drives for the first time but since I was never able to find them I also have no clue how to activate those quests.
With which NPC do I need to talk with or buy offers from?

Anyway thank you for giving me a bug free experience in the Swamps.

The two missing flash-drives on Cordon you will find as follows:
1) "the flash drive from General" - you will find it in the inventory of one of the generals while solving the task "Sidorovich's goods/loot" (or what ever), when you talk with Loners' Leader and he gives you the task to eliminate two military squads: one on the elevator (near the tunnel) and another on the ATP. The flash drive will be on a body of one of the squad commanders.
2) another flash drive (or information about stash with it) you will buy from a guy in Loners' village, near Sidorovich's hideout. Talk with all of them. If you will se a dead guy near central camp fire - it is probably him. The information about stash with flash drive will be also in the inventory.

The problem with quest NPCs is that they die sometimes - crap. But now you can take the drive or information about stash from the body.

super-panda wrote:Gubr, should you be a bit more clear on the mods you are presenting?

Like, saying if it's stable, what you think of it? Because they are a great pain to search, often the websites are hard to find and their interface is really bad.

Well these fixes make the game more stable and you can read it from their description - what else can I say?

Only thing worth mentioning is that on my system once I had my system stucked in Red Forest just right after announcement about Blowout. Reset helped. Loading the game led to the same hanging system. The only thing helped - rename of gamedata folder, than start the game, load saved game, waiting the end of the blowout, savegame, exit, rename gamedata back in gamedata, start game, load saved game - smooth gaming. But it happened with me once only.
gubr
I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 pm

gubr wrote:
Only thing worth mentioning is that on my system once I had my system stucked in Red Forest just right after announcement about Blowout. Reset helped. Loading the game led to the same hanging system. The only thing helped - rename of gamedata folder, than start the game, load saved game, waiting the end of the blowout, savegame, exit, rename gamedata back in gamedata, start game, load saved game - smooth gaming. But it happened with me once only.

i had this happen at checkpoint to red forrest, bloodsucker village go through and warned of a blowout try to run to forrester game crash 3 reloads just the same in the end went through wait until warning then i turned back and ran to safe house near bloodsucker tower until it was clear and then went through no probs :wink: [/quote]
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby ZeroKelvin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:31 pm

I used the 1.5.05 patch and the dam door is stil closed in yantar.

Anyone know a solution?
ZeroKelvin

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:51 pm

a few people have had this problem,if the ciren is on the bunker is being attacked the door will lock,you must kill all zombies including the wounded ones,if that dosn't work you may have a bug try an earlier save.
the new patch 1.5.06 is supposed to have fixed the problem :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby ZeroKelvin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 pm

I hope it doesn+t screw 05 saves
ZeroKelvin

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 pm

it's suposed to be ok with 05 saves but if you have a bug in one it won't fix it :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Return to Clear Sky Discussion