How do you get inside the hangar at garbage?

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

How do you get inside the hangar at garbage?

Postby ZeroKelvin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:08 pm

I canßt finish the enemy base because I canßt get in :(
ZeroKelvin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:06 am

Alright,this one's a toughie.First,you need to make sure you have a squad moving to actually take the hangar.Second,you must ensure that at least one of them survives,which is major :headfuck.Third,if the enemy has some resources/squads left when the base has been taken over,they RESPAWN.That's right,they do...
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby ZeroKelvin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:51 am

So is it even possible to have control over the garbage or is it respawn hell?
ZeroKelvin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:13 am

Yes,but only if the other factions are utterly defeated(impossible,unless you join duty...And even then,you'd still have to get rid of stalkers)
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:43 pm

You can clear the bandit base and gain access to rob their safe - two artifacts.

When you attack you get all the bandits outside and the doors close. At the far left of the doors there is a gap. From there you can just see a bandit on one of the walkways at the other end of the hangar. He needs to be shot down.

Once the number of enemies on your minimap diminishes to '0' the doors will open and in you go to loot the place.

At that point you often get a bunch of mutants moving in. I've noticed that they don't really bother attacking you, but are more interested in running around the hangar. Don't bother killing them - it may help to keep the bandit respawns down for a while.

I noticed, in Agroprom, with the group of bandits who regularly attack the back entrance - if mutants are in control of their 'camp' on the hill they do not respawn. I hadn't seen any bandits attacking for a while, so I went and shot the mutants who had their camp. Immediately bandits respawned there.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Return to Clear Sky Discussion