asus crosshair NVIDIA nForce 590
geforce 8800gts
(time for an upgrade)
darknothing
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:52 pm

download:
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Clear ... 9#Download

i donwloaded it, yep it will be fine, well at least we know how the game will start :D
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby darknothing » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:03 pm

i just hope its not as empty as SOC,
Specs,
amdx2 5400
4 gigs ddr pc5400
geforce 8800gts
(time for an upgrade)
darknothing
dez0wave tester

Postby Nemo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am

ShoC wasn't empty, it was realisticly balanced =) and also tried to be optimized for performance.

Edit:

OMG, I'm just watching this movie (25 mins)...
I like new graphics, russian accent in the lines talked in english was changed... but it's still conviencing, the detectors are nice, but OMFG I hope this combat-music will be able to be disabled :P... because it's horrible for the atmosphere of Stalker (the song which is present were the player gets near this church is starting ok - like in thriller movies, but after first shot is goddamned techno directing to some electronic rock type of thing... (yeah, I don't like techo). Antoher thing is the emission- blowout- I fell in love with it from the first look.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

O-consciousness holo-voice and Leader of Clear sky same?

Postby solway » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 am

Hey, has anybody noticed that the leader of Clear Sky camp, Leb...v(?),
(sorry can't remember full name,) has the same voice as the green, holographic O-Consciousness guy in the Sarcophagus from SoC?
Is this a link or clue to the future storyline ?
Can we assume perhaps that his enthusiasm for studying the Zone
will lead him to be one of the first to become the "pod" people
to fix the tear in psychic space?

Any thoughts, reactions?
solway

Postby Soduka » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:01 am

Or maybe GSC just had the voice actor's number and figured it would be easier to have him do some more work? :D
Soduka
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:14 am

yep, i think the same, they just used the same voice actors for the game :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby darknothing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:19 am

sorry, but for me, it was to boring and empty, so much was unfinished. they need to amp it up a bit. looks so far like they have.
Specs,
amdx2 5400
4 gigs ddr pc5400
geforce 8800gts
(time for an upgrade)
darknothing
dez0wave tester

Postby barin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:36 am

Nemo wrote:but OMFG I hope this combat-music will be able to be disabled :P... because it's horrible for the atmosphere of Stalker (the song which is present were the player gets near this church is starting ok - like in thriller movies, but after first shot is goddamned techno directing to some electronic rock type of thing... (yeah, I don't like techo).

Exactly, it reminds me serious sam ... That shitty music kills the atmosphere and that will be the first thing i will get rid off. Another thing - blackout when you are teleported from one location to the other (on the same map), rather annoying but not a big deal. And pda map, it would be ok, but ... mutants marked on the map? Well, maybe they have gps or what? The rest is cool and i can't wait to try it out. Also it would be nice to see similar videos but from different maps, since i already know the swamp even that cs is not released yet :)
dez0wave developer
barin
dez0wave developer

Postby darknothing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:02 am

k, crappy music must go, and gps monsters must go!.
Specs,
amdx2 5400
4 gigs ddr pc5400
geforce 8800gts
(time for an upgrade)
darknothing
dez0wave tester

Postby Nemo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Maybe they are marked for testing purposes... or maybe GSC will explain it like: "Player has a motion detector which is communicating with his PDA's GPS system so when he's near something moving he'll se it marked on his PDA map..." But nevertheless too much science-fiction in it for me too ;P

As for similarities to serious sam... well, few days ago I saw the first released movie promoting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost... and believe me, it shows exactly GSC's amibitions for making such game as serious sam... :P So this music in Clear Sky maybe another manifestation of those ambitions :D
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

music will have slider option to shut off?

Postby solway » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:54 pm

I concur, that music has to go. I hope there will be a slider option to turn that crap off. And the barrel explosion is the same
as vanilla stalker no?
solway

Re: music will have slider option to shut off?

Postby barin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:20 pm

solway wrote:I concur, that music has to go. I hope there will be a slider option to turn that crap off. And the barrel explosion is the same
as vanilla stalker no?

Yep, barrel explosion is the same as in shoc. As for crappy dynamic music - i bet it will be possible to disable it, or maybe it will be disabled by default (i hope :))
dez0wave developer
barin
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Do you think they will make like oblivion, and allow to to put your own music as you like, or not? Or use the one from stalker shodow of chernobyl? But I agree also, I dislike the music, the atmosphere is far better with a low music, not an electro/techno remix.

I really hope they will remove it, but I doubt they will make a special option for battle music, it will be or disable music, or hear it, but I might be wrong. I also hope they will not fall in simple first-person-shooter style and make exploration the last important thing.

But I disliked also the fact that there will have no more ukranian voice acting in battle and between non playing characters. That was a very nice feature, because hearing men from the zone talking into french while they are not supposed to, is a bit dissapointing.

I think that important things should be sayed in your own country language, but they must taunt, speak between themselves, in the language they are suppose to talk. It was a great immersive feature! I'm really dissapointed it will not be keeped.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby darknothing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm

super-panda wrote:Do you think they will make like oblivion, and allow to to put your own music as you like, or not? Or use the one from stalker shodow of chernobyl? But I agree also, I dislike the music, the atmosphere is far better with a low music, not an electro/techno remix.

I really hope they will remove it, but I doubt they will make a special option for battle music, it will be or disable music, or hear it, but I might be wrong. I also hope they will not fall in simple first-person-shooter style and make exploration the last important thing.

But I disliked also the fact that there will have no more ukranian voice acting in battle and between non playing characters. That was a very nice feature, because hearing men from the zone talking into french while they are not supposed to, is a bit dissapointing.

I think that important things should be sayed in your own country language, but they must taunt, speak between themselves, in the language they are suppose to talk. It was a great immersive feature! I'm really dissapointed it will not be keeped.

i believe you can change the music with some editing dude, i seen it on the main forums.
Specs,
amdx2 5400
4 gigs ddr pc5400
geforce 8800gts
(time for an upgrade)
darknothing
dez0wave tester

Next

Return to Clear Sky Discussion