Level Editing Questions

Discussion about stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Level Editing Questions

Postby Soduka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:55 am

A few questions I have because currently I am piecing together my own Stalker level in my spare time for fun.

* Can you open current Stalker levels with the SDK and edit them?

That's the only one I have this second, but I'm slowly figuring things out from scattered tutorials around the web and on the wiki.
Soduka
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:42 pm

well, no. you cant open compiled levels in sdk, only if you have the source of them.

you can remake them with some work, and also the geom import plugin helps a lot, since you can import the current stalker levels to max, but that needs a lot of work before you can put it to the level editor and place back all vegetation, smart terrains, etc, and compile it... also the reopened levels have lots of bugs, its still easier to make a new one, instead of editing a map from game.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Soduka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:56 pm

* Can you only texture the ground in Maya, and if so, how do you texture roads in if it's a flat plane?
Soduka
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 pm

well, i dont know how others do it, but we do it like this:

the road is an object, that we put to the terrain. we draw it on the terrain first, then cut it as object in max (we add the texture to the terrain object) and then we can texture that part separatedly.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Shadow of Chernobyl Discussion