Military stalkers

Discussion about stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Military stalkers

Postby super-panda » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Warning!: May contain little spoilers.

I always wondered where are the military stalkers. I read all I can on the encyclopedia, and I saw that military stalkers are into the factions part, but I never remembered to have meet any of them. Did they look like on the picture, or are normally-dressed soldiers?

I maybe didn't payed attention, but I met almost everything that was on the encyclopedia, so not having seen the military stalkers make me wonder where they are.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:03 pm

actually it was a different faction, but later gsc merged them with soldiers... so now we have soldiers (light armor) and military (spetznaz and heavy armor)

military usually appears when there is a big fight... they come with choppers, but that was in shoc.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 pm

I always took 'Military Stalkers' to mean the guys in Skat suits carrying VALs. They're always captains and you don't usually come across them until Red Forest.

If you extend a game into weeks or months of game time they can start to appear in other places. I've seen one shot down by Duty at the bar and another couple guarding the stairs under the military bit of Agroprom.

Mind you, that was in vanilla, not Priboi.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby super-panda » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Yes, that's why I posted in stalker discussion. But thanks, I see the subject more clearly, but I still found strange that they used a image quite different from most of the military stalkers, or what they are supposed to look like.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:46 pm

ShoC making process was a bit hurried up at some point and this is only one from dozens of examples of it...
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Return to Shadow of Chernobyl Discussion