dumb PLR mod question

Discussion about stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

dumb PLR mod question

Postby AJMBLAZER » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:32 am

Having trouble getting this mod to work on my vanilla 1.005 game. His instructions are a bit vague as to how to install it. Can anyone explain it to me?

Did 1.005 or one of the two previous mods really change the way the game is made up? There's folders my old version had that are now missing and the things I did to that game are now...just not there. I'm confused. Been away for 9 months and forgot so much about modding this game... :(
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Postby dez » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:15 am

In plr 2.5 as i can remember we have 2 folders. One with lite stuff, that is easy to install, just drop in the weapons folder in gamedata\config\ and done.

the other version is a compartiblity pack with darius6's sound overhauled, and also contains some more tweaks, and that is harder to merge with an existing mod.

If you used the second one then you will need to have darius6's sound overhauled mod installed, or at least the weapon sounds from it, otherwise it wont work :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby AJMBLAZER » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:53 am

So the second one isn't an option for me then. I'll use the "lite" version as I deleted Stalker and started over with it vanilla. Can't even remember all the stuff I tweaked last year.

Here's the odd part...I don't have a gamedata folder. Just opening the Stalker file lists bin, mods, and the PLR folders. Everything else is just files...

...foggily thinking that I might need to do something to one of the gamedata files...? Might just be my imagination though... :?

Thanks for the help so far. 8)
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Postby dez » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:40 am

you just need to make a gamedata folder there :) and put plr stuff in it, or maybe plr stuff has gamedata folder, if so then just copy the whole stuff to stalker dir...

then edit fsgame.ltx:

$game_data$ = true| false|

to

$game_data$ = true| true|

and you are good.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby AJMBLAZER » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:53 am

Funny part is now I've seen your other post about 1.1's readme being out and it includes PLR and the AK-47 and Mosin-Nagant...so with it being this close I'll just wait. :D
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Return to Shadow of Chernobyl Discussion