Video Games discussion (FC2, Oblivion)

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Video Games discussion (FC2, Oblivion)

Postby dez » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:57 am

btw, i changed it, but you can change it back to anything. actually in this thread, no matter how we call topics :D
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 am

no dez i like it as it is :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:59 pm

Yes, I see what you mean, but if you don't give titles to thread, who do you know what you will find in them?

You see? I agree that it's offtopic, but that doesn't mean you can't inform other members of what you are talking about. Maybe the first subject was far cry 2, but it goes on videos games in overall.

Also, for those who are also interested in indie games, (more little games), there is two games you should check: crayon physics deluxe and world of goo. Both have demos which you can test, and if the game please you, you can buy it online ( I don't know if there is box versions) and rip it on cd or anything else.

I would like to see more mods, and so on, more video games who allow modding, and more help for modders. On mod discussion, I fell strange that you can find mods for free on computer games, and having to pay for "extensions" or some kind of "mini-mods" or mods on new consoles, like the xbox 360, the playstation 3 and the wii.

Why some content would be free on computer and not on consoles? Where is the logic? Really?

I am also for indie games, I rather prefer to pay a smaller price for a shorter game, who would be good at playing from the beggining to the end, more than paying full price for a "full game" who will not value his price.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:13 pm

yes i totaly agree with you games for game consols have rocketed in price the pc is taking a back seat at the moment my two boys have ps3 xbox and wii i prefere the good old pc the name for this topic is now "video games discussion(fc2,oblivion)" wich gives a wider range :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby dez » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:50 am

this week i played farcry2 again. i started over, and first it seemed to be interesting and cool... capturing points, safehouses, looking for medicine, and doing quests, finding someone, etc etc.

but then came that part, when all missiongiver was marked on the map. first i went to north. the guy sent me to south, to capture some convoy. it took me 20-30min to go down, then when i finished mission, i went to a gun shop in south, and applied for a task. the guy sent me to north to kill someone . i went there, then some other guy sent me to south again.

sooner or later i noticed im driving 80% of gameplay and its a bit boring :S so i saved my progress, and quit. maybe i will check it 1-2 months later :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 am

yes dez i noticed there is to much repition in the game :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Bob69 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:50 am

Far cry 2 is a great game but after playing for a while it just gets to repetive. and multiplayer isn't that good i think it was just made a single player game
Bob69

Postby someguy353 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:11 am

I played it... it was fun for few hours... than you start notice every mission is the same.. >.>
someguy353
Adventurer

Postby Beatrice » Tue May 12, 2009 1:52 am

Yep thought exactly the same.

Was really good at first but then after playing for a few hours just got sick of driving to a different part of the map to kill more of the same bad guys.

The healing system is brilliantly disgusting though. Having to pull shrapnel out of your own leg...nice :wink:
Beatrice

Postby dez » Wed May 13, 2009 3:22 am

anyone played Dead Space yet? im a survival-horror fan, but i havent checked this game yet.

i loved silent hill series, alone in the dark series (except the last one) and resident evil series too... so i saw this game on youtube, and it seems to be scary...

my mate says "wow i should try it" and other mate says, its crap... typical.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

You seen Yahtzee's review of it? Pretty much sums it up. If a survival horror is a 1980s shoot 'em up with enemies with arms sticking out of their arse,well...

It's a survival horror.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby super-panda » Thu May 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Well my own opinion after having played 10-15hours of it.

Buy it. As you, I like survival horror, ti's quite intense, so I played resident evil series, silent hill 3 ( silent hill.. is more... like from hell, it's really..very very beyond "scary") but I was never able to put my hands on another of the series so...

Dead space is exellent. Though, it's mostly a like survival horror, you can shoot everyone, even if you sometimes have to run. It's really great. But it gots much action, even if it's very scary. But if you are looking for a game where you run much of the game, and don't shoot often, that's not it.

You sometimes have to run, (and I suppose you could do as much as you like if you want to), but you can also try to blow the most you can see.

But, I really enjoyed it. Badly, there is no demo. And like you, I think the best way is to try, and a demo is the best, or you can try to get your hands on it for a little time to try if it suits you or not.

But apart the fact that there is not enought horror survival games, I don't regret, at any moment, to have bought this game. After, it's all up to personal favorites and opinions, but I gave you mine.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby -bg- » Thu May 14, 2009 8:47 pm

If you want to be scared, get one of the Penumbra series. Black Plague preferred, that's the second in the series and the best one. The first one is a little half-baked, the third is just simply not as good as the second. So it's Black Plague.
Not a single weapon in the whole game, monsters neither (only one). Instead of these things you got heavy hart-beating, high blood-pressure, and sometimes, when you finally solve a tough puzzle you got satisfaction. Everyone, who claims that he likes horror / survivor games should give it a try. And don't start to browse on youtube for it, because you just fuck your game with those spoilers :)
Damn, can't believe I'm doing this again. No, I don't get money for promoting the game :)
Last edited by -bg- on Thu May 14, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-bg-
Site Admin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm

bgrdr wrote:If you want to be scared, get one of the Penumbra series. Black Plague preferred, that's the second in the series and the best one. The first one is a little half-baked, the third is just simply not as good as the second. So it's Black Plague.
Not a single weapon in the whole game, monsters neither (only one). Instead of these things you got heavy hart-beating, high blood-pressure, and sometimes, when you finally solving a tough puzzle you got satisfaction. Everyone, who claims that he likes horror / survivor games should give it a try. And don't start to browse on youtube for it, because you just fuck your game with those spoilers :)
Damn, can't believe I'm doing this again. No, I don't get money for promoting the game :)

QFT
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Sun May 17, 2009 2:57 pm

ye, i played both penumbra games, i liked them :) now playing this dead space... seems to me a bit too doom3 like "monsters spawn in front of you and bamm" and that woman... she is my wife, but she is dead... and i see him all the time :D funny. well i still vote for silent hill series, those are the sickest :D, then comes resident evil, and alone itd.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Previous

Return to Offtopic