Huge scenario (or more?) steal

Discussion about the new sequel to Stalker.

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Huge scenario (or more?) steal

Postby super-panda » Thu May 21, 2009 1:55 pm

I mean, I didn't really know that another stalker was coming.

I'm happy, check description and... a special agent from ukraine is sent into the zone (what??? priboi story? what the?? might be a little randomness..), after the events of shadow of chernobyl (.... come on...).

"You will be allowed to sleep in the game" Come on!!! It's a huge borrowing! You can't tell me they didn't know about priboi!!

Next is what? Addding the same weapons priboi added? Adding the same season with flowers? And why not drivable cars? Isn't that has been done by a modding team, who were not lazy enought to borrow??? What the hell???

...Seriously, you can't say that it's not strange. That should be a HUGE HUGE randomess, but.. come on. Maybe they won't steal all the content though, only a big part of it, and say it's theirs.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and in fact, it's because dezowave has joined gsc gameworld, and I'm all wrong, but apart if it's that, it's just a massive borrow.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Re: Huge scenario (or more?) steal

Postby -bg- » Thu May 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Calm down bro, it's a GSC game after all. If they are using some ideas from the modders it's completely up to them, no problem with that. You can be angry, but I don't see the point about it...
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-bg-
Site Admin

Postby jwknaggs » Thu May 21, 2009 5:00 pm

dez did tell gsc about priboi 2 and they were not to happy about it as they were planning some thing on on the same lines.as the work load increased for P2 and LA he relised p2 would not maybe be released and concerntrate on LA. and then the news of COP in wich he said looks like you will get P2 afterall and looked forward to playing it. :wink: :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Thu May 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Heh, Redrick called it S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Copy of Priboi
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 pm

won't know how much of priboi is in there until release. it dosn't bother dez so realy it should not bother us. :wink: :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Return to Call of Pripyat Discussion