Call of Pripyat release

Discussion about the new sequel to Stalker.

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Call of Pripyat release

Postby dez » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:53 am

The day came, and it was officially released in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. Also it will be released in Germany, Austria and Schweiz in November.

The world wide english version will ship in 2010 January. There were some issues between the publisher and USA, so the game can't be released there until 2010 Q1 (which is as i know end of January in this case), and the publisher don't want to release the eng version in Europe faster, than in the USA.

So in short, it was released, people like it, they said no crashes so far, someone even completed it (just rushed thru), freeplay is given at the end, levels are big...

there are many screenshots on russian forums, if you guys want to see them, i can link them, but they might contain spoilers!
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Re: Call of Pripyat release

Postby -bg- » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:21 pm

No crashes, few bugs so far. The promised stuff is implemented (sleeping etc)
One more thing: The GSC HQ is definitely haunted by the ghost of lietutenant Priboi ;)
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-bg-
Site Admin

Postby Nite » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:24 am

I'm from USA and downloaded the Russia release and added english translations to it, I already beat the game twice, and on my third time through.

Also Dezowave your No Fences Mod from Clear Sky works on the first level of call of pripyat LOL but it crashes when I moved to the second level.

I have alot of images of the game too if you guys have a place I can upload them, a zip file full of them
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Postby dez » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 pm

you can add some links to the Images topic here in this CoP thread.

but please, do not talk about "warezed game" on this forum. i hope you will also buy the game when its out in 2010 january :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 am

Well, can anyone who bought the official version and has completed the game (its been over a month now since it launched) tell me if the ending bears any resemblance to the final disposition of Lt. Priboi Slipchenko?

Please, if you intend to answer, do so with as little in the way of 'spoiler' as possible.

I was thinking that if it was kind of open and unclear, like SoC was, it might trigger someone into deciding the real fate of the Lieutenant and, coincidentally, pointing the way forward for the next 'official' instalment (just in case GSC have run out of ideas).

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:56 pm

ending is not similar, but there is helicopter there too. anyway, its a good game. in some aspect its even better than SoC was. (many tasks are real cool, and well planned, also maps are big which was a dream of many stk fans)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Nemo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm

I've finished the game yesterday night (polish version is russian with polish lector/speaker/reader and surprisingly it's really cool) and I have to say it's one of the best games of the 2009 ;) but despite all new maps (even Pripyat is very different form the SoC) CoP is very much like Priboi... maybe not a plagiarism because Priboi Story is unofficial, not copyright protected and uses someone's work... but it is similar... though PS ending was much more surprising and fun. In sum, I'd strongly recommend this game to every fan of SoC (it is much better than Clear Sky), it has this survival horror scheme back, it is much 'smarter' and 'thought through' game than most of the games released recently... (not for consoles :p ). So the game is really fun, not in a bit boring, challenging and satisfying ;).
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:45 pm

nice to see you back nemo. :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Nemo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

nice to see you guys too ;) I've tried to get back to you about a week ago but I couldn't submit anything due to some adware (spam bot) infection in my local network (not my PC)- looks like you have quite good security now... I needed almost an hour to get around it :p
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 am

Welcome back, Nemo.

I'd have gone looking for you, but Hollywood had the copyright on that (Finding Nemo).

Seems to be a bit of a supply problem with CoP.

The European release went just fine. It was definitely released. In the U.S.A. it was also released. In fact, in the U.S.A., there was actually one string of stores (not computer shops or software outlets, just general stores) that had three copies each.

I think Amazon might have had three copies, too. I had mine on pre-order. Then, on the evening of Thurs. 4th Feb., I got email telling me my order would be delayed.

Looks like something in the distribution chain experienced something like a BSOD.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Bobandy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:15 pm

I pre-ordered mine on Jan 14 from Amazon (I live in the USA), and it shipped on Feb 2 itself. :shock: Estimated delivery is Feb 12. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones... :D
Bobandy

Postby Nemo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Well... I kinda felt that GSC World Publishing could have some trouble... and it turns out that either I have pretty good intuition, or people around the world just don't like to make deals with "a publisher from a contry I forgot the name of, who tries to sell me their first published game, and to add more, the game was developed by their sister company" ... resellers are lame :P

[About Ukraine, it's not that I feel like this about it, I just suppose that many western societies know about Ukraine about as much as about Poland, Czech or Hungary with is nearly nothing.]
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Don't lump too many in with the 'don't know anything about ex-eastern bloc nations' club.

I was a stamp collector as a kid and was well aware of all those places. There were quite a few Poles and Ukranians living in the area, too. 8)

Anyway. I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon as I got email last night telling me the new delivery date is somewhere between the 4th and the 18th of MARCH! :evil:

What did GSC do? Make 30 or 40 copies and hope that would be enough for the U.S. and European markets? :lol:

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:07 pm

maybe want to patch it up a bit more :lol:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Bobandy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:Anyway. I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon as I got email last night telling me the new delivery date is somewhere between the 4th and the 18th of MARCH!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. :cry:

Strange, too, because both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk list CoP as being in stock.
Bobandy

Next

Return to Call of Pripyat Discussion