Bug Reports

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Bug Reports

Postby dez » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:55 pm

If you find a bug in Priboi Story game, post here, and show us! We will try to fix it :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:38 pm

I don't remember all the bugs who were prieviously mentionned, but I have a problem.

In the first level, the cordon, near the small village, after a attack of mercenaries, the soldiers around it just watch in a direction and make nothing, but the stalkers move normally like if nothing happened. When loading the game back, it returns to normal. I haven't seen it in the normal game, so I suppose it come from priboi story mod.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby barin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:42 pm

It's bug. Fixed already.
barin
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 pm

I have a problem. Each time I'm playing priboi story, my stalker disc is too often reading at full-speed making a very high noise, which is far louder than the game sounds.

I compared it while playing the normal game, and it happens quite less often with the normal game. Can that type of problem be optimised? It's a bit embarasing as I'm sometimes worried if my computer will start flying or blow up.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

agoprome

Postby thev1rus23 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 am

if got a problem cus when i enter agroprome area to find documents 2
there are no specnatz and i have to kill the 30 mercenarys myself....
i tryed talking to the commander in cordon but he dissapered after i found docs 1
i also tryed sleeping hours and enter agroprome at an other time but it didnt help....
thev1rus23

Re: agoprome

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:14 am

thev1rus23 wrote:if got a problem cus when i enter agroprome area to find documents 2
there are no specnatz and i have to kill the 30 mercenarys myself....
i tryed talking to the commander in cordon but he dissapered after i found docs 1
i also tryed sleeping hours and enter agroprome at an other time but it didnt help....

Don't remember exactly, but ithink I was alone there also. 30 mercenaries was not a problem for me. Or they meet you on the entrance to the agroprom area?

The documents are on former military base on the 3rd or 4th floor. Check out in Nemo's walkthrough. You can find a link in his signature, Nemo is moderator on the forum.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 am

thev1rus, in current version of the game, there is no one to help you at the agroprom... alike to the situation from vanilla game... In the final version you'll have a squad there to aid you... but currently you have to deal with them yourself. It's not THAT hard if you go first to bar and maybe to Dark Valley, earn some money and equip yourself with some scoped rifle or some sniper...
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

great scott! Reformating PC beacause some game doesn't quick save... that's called overreacting :P
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:06 am

Pixelponny wrote:I played the mod for about 2 hours. I can report these "oddities".

Pixelponny wrote:At the other side of the bridge in Cordon, there's a stables to the left. Where you can pick up a Bandit Jacket. I found an odd item in there. Its name was "Barrel", its icon was the 'American Grenade', and I could attach it to my belt. Also the item weights 3 kgs, and its price is 30 Ruples.

You picked up barrel! Barrel means barrel! It explodes when you shoot in it. In priboi story you can pick them up. In next patch there will be proper icon for these things: barrels and canisters.

When I got around the little swamp-pond in the Garbage, I met two Izloms. When I killed them, they started to 'levitate' then at a certain height, they started to float in the air. I shot them a few times then they fall back to the ground.

)))))) Don't bother deads. Let them rest in peace! )))))) This kinds of lags came from vanilla as well as flying snorks in Jantar and Red forest.

When I start the application for the first time or when I quickload, the first object I hit while running moves irregularly, also makes a loud noise.

Do not remember such a bug in my game.

When I throw bolts over an APC, it descents to the ground, like, the bolt is a very heavy thing.

Sorry, what means APC?
gubr
I-project

Postby Pixelponny » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:22 am

Armored Personel Carrier. I think you call them "BTR"s ?
Pixelponny

Postby Nemo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 am

Well, the only things that will be closer examined are: bolt thrown over an APC and this irregulary moving objects hit by a player... because rest are not bugs or they came from original game compilation.
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:37 am

Nemo wrote:Well, the only things that will be closer examined are: bolt thrown over an APC and this irregulary moving objects hit by a player... because rest are not bugs or they came from original game compilation.

About moving objects - probably you are talking about some objects added on the map i.e. train, bulldozer or others "dead" vehicles, like helicopter on Cordon near railway bridge. So when you run and jump on them - you can move them and there is a sound like something metal fall in an empty bucket. Those objects are not "tightened" to the map.
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Oh, maybe this is it... so Dez said this issue will be fixed by sticking those objects to the ground.
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:03 am

It's a bug connect with issue that new added objects don't stick to the ground, but it is announced to be fixed in next release... and BTW rodents currently can't get you on tower with stairs...
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Next

Return to Priboi Story