Bug Reports

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Bug Reports

Postby LoboTheMan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 pm

julian88 wrote:Hello, everytime i go from pripyat to red forest im gettin killed after spawn by a group of monolith soldiers.. no chance of getting from pripyat back to the bar area.. i have to go to the x18 lab (second encounter) and thats simply not possible. please help :(

Actually not a bug, the Monolith respawn is the vanilla game respawn of NPC's. :)
So the best thing is not being overburdened and to run like hell, and get into cover as quick as you can.

NatVac has posted a minimod (Respawn Population Mananagement 1.0) in the download section http://www.metacognix.com/

You can use that to limit the respawn rate of NPC's, it works with Priboi Story, I used it in the Priboi Story Overhaul.
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Postby Stalkerfan82 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:40 am

dezodor wrote:If you find a bug in Priboi Story game, post here, and show us! We will try to fix it :)

If this has been mentioned before then my apologies, but this one stood out to me in particular.

In the Chernobyl NPP, there is still background noise (cannonfire, radio transmissions, etc) and the exploding wall section from the large battle between Military/Monolith in the vanilla SoC. This doesn't fit seeing as this battle is obviously no longer taking place in the events of Priboi Story.

Also in Pripyat, you will see military choppers flying overhead as well as hear radio broadcasts from them (again, from the events of Vanilla SoC).

---

I'll also mention some noticeable bugs with vehicles (probably have been noticed before now, but worth mentioning).

In "F2 or F3" mode in certain vehicles (ex. the farm tractor in particular), if the camera is centered directly behind the vehicle, it will zoom all the way inside of the vehicle.

If a game is saved and loaded while inside a vehicle (military APC, not sure about other vehicles), then your character will be "in" the vehicle, but his body will actually on top of the vehicle (viewable in 3rd person mode) - this means he can be hit with bullets much easier. The bug is only fixable by leaving the map and returning - just exiting/reentering vehicle doesn't fix it.

Some mutants (such as blind dogs) can still hit the character while in a vehicle (tested with APC).

When vehicles hit the vortex anomaly, they may fly extremely high up into the air - sometimes they will even become stuck in "anti gravity mode" (I hit a vortex while in an APC, and it continued to float around in the air and refused to come down). Sometimes vehicles will also fly way up into the air completely at random as well, even if you have not hit a vortex.

If entering a different section of the map while in a vehicle, this can cause issues - ex. - if entering the cordon from the garbage southern entrance while in a car, then the car will appear inside the building at the gated checkpoint area which leads from cordon to garbage.

Enemy NPCs will sometimes not attack the player if inside a car, unless the player fires a shot in their vicinity while in the car.

If the player runs over a mutant or NPC, sometimes it will die but sometimes it will not.

Hotkeys for bandages/medkits do not work while in a vehicle.

The game sometimes crashes unexpectedly while driving a vehicle.
Stalkerfan82

Postby Stalkerfan82 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Another bug I caught:

In the mission "Kill the soldier" given by the Barkeep, when you kill the deserting soldier, this counts in the game as the player murdering a friendly member of the Military faction (since the soldier is considered part of the Military faction and is counted as friendly) - therefore completing this assignment could cause the player to lose "friend" status with the Military faction.
Stalkerfan82

Postby LoboTheMan » Tue May 01, 2012 7:10 am

Stalkerfan82 wrote:Another bug I caught:

In the mission "Kill the soldier" given by the Barkeep, when you kill the deserting soldier, this counts in the game as the player murdering a friendly member of the Military faction (since the soldier is considered part of the Military faction and is counted as friendly) - therefore completing this assignment could cause the player to lose "friend" status with the Military faction.

In your above post regarding the vehicles, I do not know how to fix it. The vehicles were cut from the original game before release, and as far as I know were not properly implemented with the game physics etc.
So they can be buggy some times. I have been thrown to the top of the roof at the CNPP by a Burer, while I was sitting in an APC. When he attackd me with his push attack......But hey it's The Zone....strange things happen :)

Since you are a member of the Army, killing one of your own is bad for your relation with your fellow soldiers.
He can be edited to belong to another faction, but that would require a new game since it can't be changed in-game.
Also the text for the mission will have to be altered to fit.

You can always stack a couple of red barrels next to him and shoot them instead.....thereby blowing him up, without getting on the bad side with the rest of the Army. This is also useful for other missions where you have to kill neutral, or even friendly NPC's.

If you kill 3 soldiers, you will be marked as a traitor, and change faction, to bandit, and then you will not be a welcomed guest in most parts of The Zone. :)

So watch out for friendly fire ;)
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Previous

Return to Priboi Story