Priboi Story Overhaul

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Priboi Story Overhaul

Postby LoboTheMan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Fixed the game freeze when leaving the Bar after killing the Freedom leader. :)

As you can read below, it is not perfect, but it will do the job.

Patch 5 for Priboi Story Overhaul Ver. 3.2

- Fixes the game freezing issue, when trying to leave The Bar, after Freedom leader is dead.

***New game not required.***

*****NB: Important!*****

If you already have killed Freedom leader, you will have to go back to a save game before the Freedom leader is dead. Before installing the patch.
If you install this patch after the Freedom leader is dead, the game will CTD when loading a save that was made after his death.

The choice is yours, either go back to a previous save, or live with the game freezing when trying to leave the Bar

If the Freedom leader still is alive in your game you can install the patch, and continue.

Can be downloaded at the usual place.

http://semak.dk
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Postby dez » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 pm

I haven't checked your fix yet, because I don't even have priboi on my laptop, but what if something is wrong in the trader files (a simple typo, or syntax) ? since you posted on gsc forums, that killing the leader might trigger something in the trader's stock, and some items might be faulty.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby LoboTheMan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:13 pm

dezodor wrote:I haven't checked your fix yet, because I don't even have priboi on my laptop, but what if something is wrong in the trader files (a simple typo, or syntax) ? since you posted on gsc forums, that killing the leader might trigger something in the trader's stock, and some items might be faulty.

Killing Lukash/Dez, changes Petrenko's inventory {+mil_lukash_dead} dolg_stock_lukash_dead, dolg_stock

I did out-comment the whole section relating to Lukash, and that fixed it.
But it might be a good idea to check the files again, to see if I can pinpoint what makes the game freeze.
Normally a typo results in a CTD in the trader files.

The outcome of the current fix, is that Petrenko's inventory stay the same until Priboi finds the missing squad:{+priboy_uadz32_squad_found} dolg_stock_aes

I have some free time Friday evening, then I can take a good look at the files....again :D
LoboTheMan

Postby LoboTheMan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Made a small error in the patches I just released a few days ago.

So if you have downloaded the patch 5, or patch 5a, please download them again, and install them again.

If you have downloaded the whole mod Ver. 3.2.5, just download patch 5 from the site and apply the patch.

The error was a simple ; set the wrong place, so Col. Petrenko did not have his usual stock of items for sale

As usual go to http://semak.dk to find the updated files

So oops, and sorry for the inconvenience :)
LoboTheMan

Postby Stalkerfan82 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:57 am

Hi, I just tried out your mod and I have a lower-end system, and it runs noticeably slower than 'vanilla' Priboi Story mod - probably due to the "Sky4CE" enhanced graphics pack that your version has.

Do you have a version of PS Overhaul that includes everything minus the enhanced graphics, or can you tell me how I could make one myself - ex. how I could take the "regular" graphics files from the 'vanilla' PS mod folder and override the 'enhanced' graphics in the Overhaul mod folder w/o crashing the mod?

BTW, could you upload a version of PS Overhaul to ModDB (where the original Priboi Story is hosted)? I heard about your mod but it took me forever to find a download location for it, thanks.
Stalkerfan82

Postby LoboTheMan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Stalkerfan82 wrote:Hi, I just tried out your mod and I have a lower-end system, and it runs noticeably slower than 'vanilla' Priboi Story mod - probably due to the "Sky4CE" enhanced graphics pack that your version has.

Do you have a version of PS Overhaul that includes everything minus the enhanced graphics, or can you tell me how I could make one myself - ex. how I could take the "regular" graphics files from the 'vanilla' PS mod folder and override the 'enhanced' graphics in the Overhaul mod folder w/o crashing the mod?

BTW, could you upload a version of PS Overhaul to ModDB (where the original Priboi Story is hosted)? I heard about your mod but it took me forever to find a download location for it, thanks.

If you delete the shaders folder in gamedata you should be ready to go :)
the shaders folder contains the files for Sky4CE files.

I have mentioned, and posted a link here in the thread. the link is also to be found on GSC's Forum :)

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=comm ... =17#354792

About publishing on ModDB where the original Priboi Story is, I think Dezodor is the one to ask, since I think it would require his permission.
I host it on my own server at home at the moment :)
LoboTheMan

Postby Stalkerfan82 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:06 am

LoboTheMan wrote:
Stalkerfan82 wrote:Hi, I just tried out your mod and I have a lower-end system, and it runs noticeably slower than 'vanilla' Priboi Story mod - probably due to the "Sky4CE" enhanced graphics pack that your version has.

I have mentioned, and posted a link here in the thread. the link is also to be found on GSC's Forum :)

About publishing on ModDB where the original Priboi Story is, I think Dezodor is the one to ask, since I think it would require his permission.

Thanks - I did this and noticed some improvement, though the frame-rate still seems a little worse on my PC than vanilla Priboi Story. I noticed that Overhaul's textures folder is much larger (so I'm assuming it has some more advanced texture files) - I tried deleting it and also tried replacing it with the textures folder from vanilla Priboi Story, but both of these options just caused the game to stop working. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks again for the prompt reply.
Stalkerfan82

Postby LoboTheMan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Stalkerfan82 wrote:
LoboTheMan wrote:

Thanks - I did this and noticed some improvement, though the frame-rate still seems a little worse on my PC than vanilla Priboi Story. I noticed that Overhaul's textures folder is much larger (so I'm assuming it has some more advanced texture files) - I tried deleting it and also tried replacing it with the textures folder from vanilla Priboi Story, but both of these options just caused the game to stop working. Is there a workaround for this? Thanks again for the prompt reply.

The increased size of the textures folder is due new weapons added, and the updated textures of some of the weapons in the game. The only thing that should have an impact on performance should be the Shaders folder. try to use static lightning after deleting the shaders folder. :)

What are your system specs? that could also give a clue to what settings could make the game/mod run smoother
LoboTheMan

Postby Rhygaar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 am

Hi LoboTheMan,

I decided to give a try to your PS Overhaul (3.2.5) as I'm waiting for LA. Thanks for you work.

Everything seems fine, except I can't escape the first blowout in the Cordon - even when I am in one of the underground hideouts in the rookie village.
NPC don't respond to the blowout either : they all start lying and dying where they stood and never try to look for shelter.

As I see it, either I should look for another "working shelter" in the Cordon area or I put my foot in it (a bug).
So what do you think ?

Thanks for you feedback.
Rhygaar

Postby LoboTheMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 am

Hi all.

First, congratulations on the release of Lost Alpha, I know it was released under circumstances which were less than desirable, one mans actions can ruin a lot, but now the cat is out of the box.

Priboi Story 1.2

Team Dezowave had an unfinished version of Priboi Story 1.2 in the works, before they started on Lost Alpha.

I would, if at all possible, humbly ask for permission for access to the files.
And if my skills were sufficient, see if I could build something worthwhile based on Priboi Story 1.2.
Nothing, and I mean nothing, would be released without permission from Dezodor/Team Dezowave. This is something I will promise, and keep.

The next version of the Overhaul (Ver. 3.3, based on Priboi Story 1.1) is almost done. It will be the final installment.
After that, only bug-fixes will be released.
LoboTheMan

Postby dez » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi, checked around and found 4 or 5 different ps 1.2 builds on my old hdd. we will check it and upload later. also one of them was added to the la extras disc, but due to the sudden actions we had to take, havent had time to finish the disc yet
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby LoboTheMan » Thu May 01, 2014 12:37 pm

dez wrote:Hi, checked around and found 4 or 5 different ps 1.2 builds on my old hdd. we will check it and upload later. also one of them was added to the la extras disc, but due to the sudden actions we had to take, havent had time to finish the disc yet

Cool, thank you very much. :D

I can PM you the log in details for my FTP server at home, then you can upload the all the files you want.
I have 30 GB available on the FTP at the moment :)

I have been to busy at work, to try out Lost Alpha, but looking forward to try it soon 8)
LoboTheMan

Postby Monolith » Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 am

People said OGSE was tough but this mod is incredibly difficult at times. I like the premise of starting as the Military (and it works on 1.006 yay) but man it's hard. Am I not supposed to see my stamina meter?
Monolith

Postby LoboTheMan » Sun May 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Monolith wrote:People said OGSE was tough but this mod is incredibly difficult at times. I like the premise of starting as the Military (and it works on 1.006 yay) but man it's hard. Am I not supposed to see my stamina meter?

The stamina bar was removed in the original version of Priboi Story :)

It was intended by me to make it challenging, since in my opinion the original game was to easy. In order to balance it out I reduced the enemy spawns.
In firefights you will have to be quick, and tactical, since enemies can kill you quickly.
Also if you chose anything but master level when you started the game, enemies do 120% damage :twisted:

The next, and last, version (Ver. 3.3) will be more challenging, since the mini-map is removed, and you will only be able to carry 5 artifacts in your belt. :)
LoboTheMan

Previous

Return to Priboi Story