Help, cannot get to chopper in red forest

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Help, cannot get to chopper in red forest

Postby gubr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Eraser wrote:I've been playing through priboi story and so far, its been great but now I'm running into serious trouble.

I simply cannot investigate the crash site of the scientist helicopter in red forest. You wind up getting these psy emissions that make it damn near impossible to see anything and it spawns dozens of psy psuedodogs.

Considering at some points I can move closer to the helicopter before it starts, sometimes goes away if get farther away. Other times it just stays no matter where I got in the level. I thought maybe a controller was doing it, but no matter how bad the double vision/blurryness gets and how many psy dogs there are my psy is full when I check, and it doesn't go in waves with a noise like controllers do.

Congratulations, comrade! You found pseudo dog! It is bloody irritating jackass, but you can do it.

So there is a pseudo dog. Its tactics is very simple: send phantom dogs to bite you and be far from you itself. You should have some gun with scope. Just walk very carefully around the forest - you will see the dog. It is alone while it doesn't see you. Try to run across the red forest to check where it is... One more "game over" and not so fear but very effective. Then, having an idea of its positioning, you can hunt it.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Quite often, when a bunch of them attack, one will be the real dog. Have to be quick and try to spray them all with fire. Whichever one doesn't vanish in a flash with a single bullet hit is the one you need to kill.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby sar99cl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:44 am

I have one problem also: I am at the bar and i want to know how can i reach further nord?
I've tried but i can go only west or east abd of course south but nord to the plant?
And another thing: at the scientist camp, but more in nord at the factory, is a helicopter sound, but i can't seem to find him.
sar99cl

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 am

You get to the NPP by going through Army Warehouses then Red Forest then Pripyat.

The helicopter noise at Yantar is coming from one that is hovering behind the factory where you can't normally get to.

If I recall correctly it flies around bombarding the factory yard after you go through X16.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby sar99cl » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks Red. I will try.
An another thing: what is hmm i have a nap3,2,1 and a green house in upper right corner means?
sar99cl

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:04 pm

This answer is just a bit late...

That 'nap' and 3,2,1 are telling you to sleep. Careful how long you sleep for: 5 hours can turn out to be much longer and you can die of starvation as soon as you wake up. 3 hours can mean as many as 6. Always eat before you sleep.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby sarge68 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 am

try using the little white car in armyware house, and drive it too red forest there you can drive right upto the chopper, and take out the pesudo dog while in the car? 8)
sarge68

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Careful with that one: the game treats a pseudodog as a far more massive item than a vehicle. The pseudodog will be able to push that car around, turn it over and roll it, even with you in it. Most of the time you won't be able to see it from inside the car as it will be pressed against it below your level of sight.

Plus you can only hold a pistol whilst driving. But I suppose the SA3 Vikhr will do the job.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Return to Priboi Story