How safe are stashes?

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

How safe are stashes?

Postby Jelle » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 pm

I don't recall seeing this in the feature list so I thought I should just ask:

Are stashes safe from NPC lootings? Right now I'm in the middle of emptying Army Warehouses' raided base, but since I can't really carry 20 rifles at once, I need to tranfers them into the stash near the farmhouse, then to the bar, then to Cordon (if i didn't sell ). Now I know my house is 100% safe, but how about the other stashes? I ditched suits of armor into the Yantar Mobile Lab stash because I know NPCs wont get to it, but if NPCs can loot my rifle collection while im storing them in the Bar i'm going to be a pissed man :(

Also a smaller question that might not be Priboi related - If i kill a NPC with a unique rifle and I don't pick up his gun, will that gun then be removed from the game after a while, or will it remain there forever/be used by another NPC?
Jelle

Re: How safe are stashes?

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Well, stash boxes are safe from NPCs. Both the blue boxes left out in the open and the hidden rucksacks, fuseboxes, pipes and old safes you get messages for. In single player you are it, so they all belong to you.

A dropped weapon that you do not pick up will just lie there forever. If you need to get rid of excess weapons just add them to the inventory of a non-permacorpse. Some bodies never vanish - permacorpses. Most do after a certain time and will take any added items with them.

A unique weapon will just lie there like any other. But if a NPC comes along and decides he likes that weapon better than his current one he will pick it up. It may even be that uniques are picked up whether they are better or not. I don't recall ever coming across Bes's unique, though I've found his body on a number of occasions.

In OL2.2 NPCs can loot corpses, so you have to be quick. But they still can't loot stash tins.

As long as you are in PS 1.1 you can use permacorpses as stashes. They also don't lag the game like normal stashes do. And no-one else will loot them, so your supplies are safe.

Sounds like you're using Cordon as a permanent base. I prefer the bar area - more central and lots of stash boxes to spread your stuff around in. One huge stash can cause lag, but I'm told several smaller ones don't lag the game as much. Permacorpse stashes even less.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Jelle » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:Well, stash boxes are safe from NPCs. Both the blue boxes left out in the open and the hidden rucksacks, fuseboxes, pipes and old safes you get messages for. In single player you are it, so they all belong to you.

A dropped weapon that you do not pick up will just lie there forever. If you need to get rid of excess weapons just add them to the inventory of a non-permacorpse. Some bodies never vanish - permacorpses. Most do after a certain time and will take any added items with them.

A unique weapon will just lie there like any other. But if a NPC comes along and decides he likes that weapon better than his current one he will pick it up. It may even be that uniques are picked up whether they are better or not. I don't recall ever coming across Bes's unique, though I've found his body on a number of occasions.

In OL2.2 NPCs can loot corpses, so you have to be quick. But they still can't loot stash tins.

As long as you are in PS 1.1 you can use permacorpses as stashes. They also don't lag the game like normal stashes do. And no-one else will loot them, so your supplies are safe.

Sounds like you're using Cordon as a permanent base. I prefer the bar area - more central and lots of stash boxes to spread your stuff around in. One huge stash can cause lag, but I'm told several smaller ones don't lag the game as much. Permacorpse stashes even less.

Yeah I kinda agreed with you on the Bar-stash thing, so I started storing my loot there now. The Cordon-home stash is more for novelty stuff like the special Viper, the unique Desert Eagle - stuff I don't plan to really use but what is nice to have anyway.
The Bar stash is mainly for storing ammo and other stuff I can't bring with me on journeys, and I got a big stash in the farmhouse in AW with basicly all the loot from the Freedom base. Now that I know my stashes are safe, I'm using them a lot :D
Jelle

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:42 am

I had several mega stashes throughout my play in Priboi 1.0 . I think I have pics of some mega stashes (20 vaccines in 1 :axe:, round 150 G36s and FECESloads of ammo).

In 1.1 it all cut down to the permacorpse in garbage.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Bobandy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:41 pm

So first, I realize this thread is probably dead, for the most part, but I was bored and digging around through the old posts. :)

Second, I KNOW what I'm about to suggest is a cheat, and breaks the realism of the game, but I feel the appropriate level of guilt for my transgressions, and I endure daily doses of self-flagellation in repentance. :wink: So PLEASE no flames.

ANYWAY, in Priboi Story, Clear Sky, and Shadow of Chernobyl, all of them, I turned myself into a walking, talking stash by editing the config files (only three lines total need changing IIRC) so that I can carry about 2,000 kg. (Could make it more, but why?) That way I can clear out an entire area or three, and haul all of the spoils back to the bar for selling.

But that's just me. :D
Bobandy

Postby dez » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:51 pm

well, we will keep the default 50kg, because if we lower it, players who dont know how to edit it will kill us :D and we dont want to release patches just for this :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Bobandy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 am

Perfectly reasonable!

BTW, I just realized that my use of a comma in "2,000 kg" would mean "two kilograms" in many countries. Instead, I meant "TWO THOUSAND kilograms!" To be precise, 2048. I think my max walk weight is 2480. :shock:
Bobandy

Postby Jelle » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Bobandy wrote:Perfectly reasonable!

BTW, I just realized that my use of a comma in "2,000 kg" would mean "two kilograms" in many countries. Instead, I meant "TWO THOUSAND kilograms!" To be precise, 2048. I think my max walk weight is 2480. :shock:

Hail the man who lifts up tanks with his bare hands.

Personally I wouldnt like that - I had the haul the entirety of Army Warehouses weapons to the bar by hand, but that kinda gave it it's charm. It also makes gun management more important, as I can't take all my ammo and all my guns with me.
Jelle

Postby Bobandy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:05 pm

:D

Yeah, I know what you mean! Upping the weight limit to such absurd levels really does break the realism / immersion in that regard. But I'm an incurable pack rat :mrgreen: , and I love having my pick of gadgetry and weaponry when I'm "on the road." Plus not having to make multiple trips to haul loot to the traders. Inventory management is one of the few aspects where I DON'T prefer realism.
Bobandy

Postby dez » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 pm

:D
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Priboi Story