General Talk

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Don't you know that reading is out of fashion?Forum posting is IT,man.
OK,enough off topic.I'll end up like Sidorovich.Without the virus.Anyways,I'm picking up every doc I see,task or no task.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Nemo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:06 pm

AfterburnzzPX wrote:Anyways,I'm picking up every doc I see,task or no task.

Same here :D and I even managed to make a walkthrough of it :D.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:14 pm

And we're all very proud of ya(sorry,seen it in a movie and just HAD to say it)
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby PhuQ » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:08 pm

lol i just hope that if i pick up all the docs i see it wouldnt backfire on me later...
PhuQ

Postby dez » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 pm

it wont. if you pick it up, it will stay in your backpack, until you get the mission for it. and with the fix i posted today, if you get the task for it, then it will be removed from your inventory, and will be placed in the encyclopedia section under "top secred documents" or so.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:30 pm

No, the colonel is a legitimate target. I spend most of my time at the bar protecting him. I wish he'd stay put in his little office, but he likes to get out there with his near-useless Mosin Nagant and get shot with his buddies.

I'm thinking he's not too bright. And that voice of his is directly out of the 'Child Molester's Handbook' - "Come in here, little girl. What are you after? Would you like to see some puppies?"

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Lee28 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:No, the colonel is a legitimate target. I spend most of my time at the bar protecting him. I wish he'd stay put in his little office, but he likes to get out there with his near-useless Mosin Nagant and get shot with his buddies.

Interesting this, seems we are getting different results, in my game he is running about with the 40mm grenade launcher.

Aint seen him with the mosin, then again I aint seen him fire a single shot yet.

I always kill the bad guys first, my Fn2000 wipes them out. :)
Lee28
dez0wave tester

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Duty don't have that grenade launcher yet - Voronin hasn't asked me to find him one. Just the Sniper TRs (LR300) so far. And he kept that himself.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Is there a way to make the ladders on the Red Forest antennae climbable? I've got a wounded military guy way up on one of them and can't get there to give him a medkit.

The sniper tower in Wild Territory is the same - the Merc snipers usually fall off when you shoot them, but they leave their weapons up there out of reach.

Makes you wonder how they get up there in the first place. Lowered from a helicopter?

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby barin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:33 am

Red Schuhart wrote:Is there a way to make the ladders on the Red Forest antennae climbable? I've got a wounded military guy way up on one of them and can't get there to give him a medkit.

The sniper tower in Wild Territory is the same - the Merc snipers usually fall off when you shoot them, but they leave their weapons up there out of reach.

Makes you wonder how they get up there in the first place. Lowered from a helicopter?

About rostok tower - yes i guess it's possible, about radar antennaes - nope because there are ladders already and we can't add part of the ladder to the existing ladder (we can add only the ladder object as a "whole").
dez0wave developer
barin
dez0wave developer

Postby Nemo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:50 am

barin wrote:(...)about radar antennaes - nope because there are ladders already and we can't add part of the ladder to the existing ladder (we can add only the ladder object as a "whole").

So why can't you add another 'whole' ladder to them, e.g. near the old ones... or even try to delete old ones...
This would be really great to be able to climb some high things like them or for example this chimney in agroprom...

And about traders and mission critical characters- i think their AI should be redesigned to make them stay out of the trouble and also they should have god mode. This way they won't get killed and still won't make your skirmishes easier because they won't help - they'll only defend themselves in their places.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby nationalism » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Say how much radiation should your suit be able te resist when going trough the red forest? I went there with a monolith suit and the radiation combined with mean mutants and monoliths made me run out of medkits.
nationalism

Postby dez » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Nemo:

its not possible to do that without recompile the whole level. the antenna ladders are climable but only for the "first floor" they removed ladder parts, so if we add invisible climable there you will fall thru it, since theres no more ladder step-parts. Besides that, its at the edge of the level, gsc didnt want us to go there up, since you would see the big nothing.

Nationalism:

you can find cool artifacts, that gives rad. protection. radar level is highly radiated, even if its summer, the radiation is there. its recommended to wear artefacts, and some good armor. the armor itself is not enough. ppl wanted harder game, so we tried our best :D
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby nationalism » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:14 pm

I tried wearing thorns yes, but those psuedodogs, npp dog and the monolith rip off all your bandages when u carry those.
nationalism

PreviousNext

Return to Priboi Story