Finished!!

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Finished!!

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 pm

After a couple years of giving up, coming back, a few restarts for various reasons, scouring every inch of every map, I'm done! The ending bums you out though. After all that. I don't even get to go back and sell all my swag from the NPP. I think I had about 10 night stars.

But it feels good to be done.

Suggestions: In future versions change things around regarding Strelok. For one, Doc is NOT Strelok's father! He just called him son because Strelok is a lot younger than Doc. And two, please, give us a chance to talk to Strelok. Like you get a message from the commander at the Cordon who says "Hey, we just arrested your friend Strelok. We caught him trying to leave the Zone. You should get down here and meet him." And we can hear all about what he knows and what happened to him after he left the NPP.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Re: Finished!!

Postby dez » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:31 pm

:)

btw, we called him his father because we wanted to. not because he called strelok "son" in some soc video.

also i dunno how many times i said that priboi project is closed since january.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Bobandy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:23 am

Kill_the_Strelok wrote:After a couple years of giving up, coming back, a few restarts for various reasons, scouring every inch of every map, I'm done! The ending bums you out though. After all that. I don't even get to go back and sell all my swag from the NPP. I think I had about 10 night stars.

Speaking of which, is there a point of no return, like there is in vanilla SoC? I know that after you go into the sarcophagus the first time, you have to backtrack to X18 before completing the game. But what about AFTER your second trip to the NPP? Once you've crossed over to the other side of the reactor site, can you still backtrack through the NPP and return to the other areas? (Yeah, I know, there's little need for it by that point, but I'm just curious!)
Bobandy

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:39 am

You can go almost up to the gate beyond which your helicopter is hovering. Not too close or you'll get sucked into the 'ending'.

From there you can just go back to where you first came out into Stancia 2. As you go down the stairs you'll go into a level changer at the other side of which you'll find yourself at the foot of the stairs just outside the 'hologram' room next to the Warlab.

Go back from there all the way to the Cordon Military base - and beyond if you're using the 'No More Fences' minimod - if you like.

Once you've found the final document the game is fully freeplay except for that one spot just in front of that gate behind the NPP. Step too close to that and its 'Game Over'.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Bobandy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 am

Cool! Thanks! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]
Bobandy

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:39 am

*spoilers*

When you say final document, do you mean ALL the documents or just the one in the rusted box next to the c-con room?
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:04 pm

If you've missed earlier documents I don't think the helicopter will be there.

Whether you can go through that gate if the chopper isn't there I'm not sure. But there isn't anything out there anyway.

I'm pretty sure you have to have them all before the 'ending' can kick in.

Maybe one day I'll try grabbing a weapon in Cordon then running all the way directly to the NPP, pick up that final document then go see if the chopper is waiting.

But it won't be today.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Red Schuhart » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 am

I was wrong. You can 'finish' the game without collecting many of the documents.

I just went from Cordon to Dark Valley (to pick up the antivirus then the decoder - I know the codes to the X18 doors). Then I went on to the bar, picked up the document from near Duty HQ, then went the least troublesome route to the NPP.

I waded in Monolith blood until I got through to Stancia 2 then legged it, half-avoiding shitstorms of bullets, all the way to the exit point.

The helicopter was there waiting. And on moving towards it I was sucked into the ending.

I didn't think that would happen.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 pm

forgot to add restrictor for that :D
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Hmm, interesting. I thought the chopper appeared once you found the lost squad. And you did sort of cheat since you know the codes. The whole point of the document hunt for me was to find docs with codes in them.

BTW, what is the deal with this door? This one in the very back of x10 where Strelok shuts off the Brain Scorcher. I could never find a code for it and I want to know if there's anything behind it.
Attachments
ss_administrator_08-25-09_20-33-59_(l10u_bunker).jpg
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby Red Schuhart » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:26 pm

That particular door, as I understand it, hides just a solid concrete wall.

Pity really. A tunnel there leading to Dark Valley and X18, with a level changer in the middle of it, and a few other short tunnels leading off it with mutant spawn points in them might be quite an interesting addition.

God knows how much modding that would take, though.

I think GSC missed a trick there. That could have been the underground level to beat them all - you can go back to X18 on the ground level and put up with a few mutants and lots of people shooting at you, or you can try the X10 to X18 'goods transport link' and brave the howling madness and almost inescapable danger of the masses of mutants that have made it their lair.

And to add insult to injury the builders of the place put a maze at each end as part of the security system - you need to find a way through the maze at the X10 end, then run the gauntlet of mutants along the main tunnel, then enter and defeat yet another maze to exit into X18.

Damn. I could design it all on paper, but I'm a thousand miles from being equipped to turn it into a game level.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm

wow red that sounds like a game on i'ts own :lol:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 am

Going back to the run from Cordon to Stancia 2 I found a couple of odd things.

When I got back to Pripyat I was trying to avoid shooting and being shot at, but there are always times when you just must.

Somebody fired at me, so I turned, spotted him and fired back. Then I went over to take a look who it was. It was 'Strelok'. A bit further up the road was a lot of gunfire and shouting - all over by the time I got there. Duty had taken down another three Freedomers, one of whom was Dezik armed only with a pistol.

What are they doing in Pripyat?

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Kill_the_Strelok,

that door hides a little 2x2m room. Maybe they planned to add something there, some control room with documents, or hideout, anything... but its empty. in vanilla there is no code for it, in priboi, if i remember well i wrote 123456789 :D or something like that for that door. really useless place, nothing inside.

Red,

high ranked npcs will try to reach pripyat stadium "smart terrain" after you at least once visited npp. its vanilla thing, we didnt disable it, since in our mod, we can go back from npp any time. but yep, it might sound bad, if you rush there fast, then try to make the story, and you wont find doc or dezik or strelok in the army wh base :D ...s*it can happen in the zone anytime :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Hmmm, could have been the original control room for the Brain Scorcher. If you got there and realize you didn't have the code you were screwed :) That psy-helmet won't last forever.

Or most likely just a stash, like the other code door in the same level with some medkits and grenades. X10 is weird like that. Still, good to know what was actually there.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Next

Return to Priboi Story