Bypassing / Deactivating the Level Changers?

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Bypassing / Deactivating the Level Changers?

Postby Bobandy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Since I'm already spamming the forum with questions anyway... :mrgreen:

Anyone know of a way - console command, maybe - to temporarily "turn off" the level changers? For example, at the unmarked changer from Army Warehouses to the Radar, NPCs can spawn and firefight to the north of the level changer. It'd be great to be able to go PAST the level changer to participate in those firefights, and/or to loot corpses, collect dropped weapons, etc.

AFAIK, Priboi Story has some relocated level changers anyway. Does this require "heavy lifting" to accomplish, or is it easy to do via the console or the config files?

Thanks in advance!
Bobandy

Re: Bypassing / Deactivating the Level Changers?

Postby dez » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:47 pm

level changers are located in the all.spawn. you need to change coordinates, and compile new spawn, then start new game. however, priboi's all.spawn is damaged, so impossible to unpack, the only way to edit is, if you use an old tool, called xrspawner. (that was the one which damaged the spawn anyway :D)

no matter what you do, if you edit spawn, you need to start new game. does it worth trying? i dont think so :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Bobandy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Ouch! :shock:

Yeah, definitely not worth starting a new game! Thanks for the info, though!
Bobandy

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:16 am

You can use Dez's 'No More Fences' minimod to get to the area beyond the level-changer. I often use it to collect up dropped weapons that are out of usual reach.

Have to take a wide berth around the level-changer, though. To get to the higher end of that road with the minimod you need to go to the fence line that is one rockface away from where the single soldier's permacorpse and the 'cross' stash is - towards the farmstead, not the barrier.

Then you need to run out almost to the edge of the world and follow that towards the road you want to get to. When you can see the little 'valley' the road is in you'll see several rock formations. You can approach those, but going towards the trees might trigger the level-changer.

As clicking on 'NO' just dumps you in the middle of the road you really don't want that. I've done it a few times and ruined several good suits when opened up on by both attacking Monolithians and defending Freedomers - and the damage wasn't all bullet-related (Lt. Slipchenko gets scared occasionally, too).

Clicking 'YES' isn't always the answer either. You wind up in Red Forest thinking Freedom and Monolith's fight back there is no longer any of your business. But sometimes the Monolithians follow you.

I've had 38 of them pouring out of the level-changer back into Red Forest and performing a fair simulation of World War III behind me as I've been getting ready to take on the other five who have just offed my Military buddies at the checkpoint. Yet another suit-ruining situation.

Best not to wander into the level-changer at all - even if there are a couple of tasty weapons just out of reach.

Sometimes things move all on their own in the Zone. A dropped weapon can march across the ground over several visits to the map it is on. I think it is something to do with moving things into and out of stashes.

If you deposit three or more suits into a stash it can sometimes make your on-screen character jump slightly away from the stash. If you use a permacorpse as a stash and remove a series of items the corpse sometimes jerks around. And I'm sure everyone has seen the 'exploding corpse' where looting it makes it explode away from you and fly off to parts unknown (saw it happen to a pseudogiant in a CS mod once - it stretched it all out of shape until it appeared to be about 30 feet long then it flew slowly around the map, occasionally getting stuck on things like buildings and the broken bridge - it was hilarious). I'm probably wrong, but I reckon this affects the positions of things like dropped weapons all over the Zone.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Bobandy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 am

Hahaha! :lol: Funny stuff!

I have to admit that I've soiled my Military Armored Suit on more than one occasion. And when it happens with the SSP-99M Suit - well, let's just say that the self-containment feature "backfires" in that case. :shock: But being chased by 38 Monolithians might just give me a full-on heart attack!

I really don't need the loot that's occasionally dropped beyond the level changers. Just being an obsessive completist. As you say, best to avoid the "backside" of the level changer altogether.

Thanks for the anecdotes, and a good laugh!
Bobandy

Return to Priboi Story