News Flash! Military Moves Monolith!

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

News Flash! Military Moves Monolith!

Postby Bobandy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:09 am

(Fanatical Faction Unfazed!)

But seriously, having just made the first trip to the site of the NPP, it occurred to me that if the military "threw the wish-granter into the Garbage," so to speak, why are the Monolithians still congregated in and around the NPP, rather than in the Garbage? :?

(Just imagine the firefights that the Monolithians would have with Duty! I bet that'd be spectacular to watch.)

I realize that making such big changes to the game using the existing maps, is probably out of the question if not altogether impossible. So the question is more rhetorical than anything, but I figure it helps bolster the traffic on the forums. :D

EDIT: Is it because the Monolithians are in such a stupor, having been completely brainwashed by the Consciousness, that they still haven't realized that the wish-granter is no longer in the NPP? Or that the Marked One already got to it? Or even that the Consciousness itself was destroyed? And so they continue trying to get to the monolith. Like moths to a flame, except the flame was extinguished long ago, but the moths don't know any better... :)
Bobandy

Re: News Flash! Military Moves Monolith!

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:50 am

First, I found it hilarious that the army dumped the Monolith in the garbage! :lol:

Second, I wondered the same thing as the TC. I thought Strelok destroyed the C-Con and wiped out the Monolithers on his last trip there, so where are all these new guys coming from? There's no Monolith, no C-Con, no Brain Scorcher, so what's the deal?

I'm guessing it was to make the northern areas a challenge and not just a leisurely stroll to the NPP.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby dez » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:39 pm

we didnt want to remove mono faction completely... and at that time, we had plans for the 2nd episode. good old times :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:20 pm

There is a thread on the GSC forums devoted to arguments over what the 'true ending' of SoC signifies.

The consensus appears to be that Strelok didn't actually manage to damage the C-Consciousness at all - what you saw of his pouring 5.45 into their 'stasis tubes' with his AK74/2 was an illusion fed into his mind by the C-Consciousness itself.

It would be possible to have Monolithians all over Garbage - I tried a CS mod a little while ago that had several large and nasty groups of Monolithians in the swamps!

But the Monolithians have their Warlab to look after at the NPP. Maybe they wouldn't be there if the military had not just grabbed the 'Wish Granter' and bogged off back to Garbage, but stayed around and reinforced their positions at the NPP.

If the C-Consciousness isn't really dead then it has been hard at work for 12 months making new Monolithian nutcases to protect itself with.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Bobandy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:09 am

Sure, I could buy that explanation! :D

Plus, it's more practical from a gameplay standpoint to have the Monoliths concentrated in Radar, Pripyat, and the NPP, since encountering them early on, in the Garbage for example, might be too much for poor Lt Slipchenko while he's still "fresh off the boat" from his cushy office job. Better he be a bit more battle-hardened before tring to cope with the mighty Monoliths!

Speaking of the NPP, and at the risk of getting off-topic in my own thread :oops: , if you don't make contact with the lost military squad on the NPP grounds, does that mean your extraction heli never arrives, so that you can't actually finish the storyline?
Bobandy

Postby RaderCad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 am

Hi there. I am new to this mod however the STALKER series is my favorite. I have gone through all the Stalker Games, and most of the mods, I can respond that there are still many, who what and how, questions to be answered about the zone. :?:

Call of Pripyat hammered this home as only some questions are answered, leaving many new questions unanswered.

COP has Strelok hook up with the military at the end turning over what he has found about the zone. He shuts down the brain scorcher. But, monolith solders are still are being 'spoken to' by their working antennas / representations of the wish-granter.

Gota go and re-install stalker SOC so I can install and play this mod..... :D
RaderCad

Postby LoboTheMan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:00 pm

RaderCad wrote:Hi there. I am new to this mod however the STALKER series is my favorite. I have gone through all the Stalker Games, and most of the mods, I can respond that there are still many, who what and how, questions to be answered about the zone. :?:

Call of Pripyat hammered this home as only some questions are answered, leaving many new questions unanswered.

COP has Strelok hook up with the military at the end turning over what he has found about the zone. He shuts down the brain scorcher. But, monolith solders are still are being 'spoken to' by their working antennas / representations of the wish-granter.

Gota go and re-install stalker SOC so I can install and play this mod..... :D

Hi and welcome to this Forum :)

C-Consciousness might still be active, Strelok shoots the pods, but that was not the end of C-Con.
C-Con seems to be crippled so their range is limited to Pripyat and the CNPP.
The Monolith in Yanov have lost "contact" with the C-Con.
While in Pripyat, and CNPP the mind-control over the Monolith is still active.

The Monolith Stone's wishes in SHOC are illusions. And the Monolith Stone itself is used as a decoy for the mind-control of C-Con. C-Con is handicapped, but still active.

Lt. Priboi enters the Zone roughly 6 months after Major Degytarev leaves the Zone.

Degytarev does not uncover much about C-Con, and the Monolith, his mission is to find out what went wrong during Operation Fairway.

Lt. Priboi's mission is to recover documents to find out the secrets of The Zone.

Are you planning on playing the Original Priboi Story, or the Priboi Story Overhaul :D ?
If you plan to use the Overhaul, I am almost ready to release the patch 2, which will require a new game for best play experience.
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Return to Priboi Story