Also Just Finished!

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Also Just Finished!

Postby Bobandy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:32 pm

What a great mod, guys! I haven't enjoyed a game that much in months, and I've played some major releases recently. Thanks for all your hard work!

In a perfect world, I'd now proceed to download Priboi Story 2: Electric Boogaloo. 8) Maybe it would involve a storyline where I'm left near-death at the NPP exit, and have to fight my way back to the Cordon, with lots of quests and tasks along the way, so I can return to my cushy desk job. (Or maybe to seek my revenge!) Surely the Monoliths would've strengthened their defenses in response to the trail of dead bodies I left in my wake. And surely they'd be hunting me intently, knowing what I now know. :D

Oh well - I guess I'll have to wait for Lost Alpha instead. :cry: (I'm hoping to get a chance to play it before Call of Pripyat...)

Thanks again for a great mod!
Bobandy

Re: Also Just Finished!

Postby dez » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:54 pm

we had a plan for the continue in 2007... if i remember well, in the intro its said that you need to find a lost squad, also your mate is in the squad too...

so the next episode plan was: it starts when your mate finds the commander at stancia1, and he says to him you are on the other side of npp already... he runs to you, and he sees that youre dead, and helicopter flying away. so his revenge starts, and his goal is to kill the commander in cordon. asap he kills 3 military guy, he becomes "wanted" and he can only find peace at the bandits, everyone else is hunting for him... well this was one of our plans.

an other plan was a bit different: your mate arrives just in time, and saves your ass, then you do the same tasks but in coop.

... but then we decided to work on LA, because that was our dream from the beginning. We knew, our small team couldnt survive 2 more big total conversion mods, so we made polls on many forums, asked ppl what to do. thankfully they also woted for LA, which we expected :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Bobandy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 am

Yeah, I'm definitely more psyched about Lost Alpha than I would be for a Priboi sequel. Obviously, both would be awesome, but you had to pick one or the other. I can't wait to play Lost Alpha, but I recently started Risen, which is definitely a great game, especially if you're a Gothic fan.
Bobandy

Postby dez » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am

yep im Gothic fan :) but not sure if my old pc could handle Risen :S i could play G3 ok on medium-high mixture, but im not sure if that would be enough for Risen.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Bobandy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:54 am

Not to get too far off topic - though since you're a dev and moderator it's probably ok :D - but that's kindof why I'm playing Risen now instead of later. I'd planned to wait until the price came down, but my brother bought it and his PC couldn't handle it smoothly, so he mailed it to me.

Did you ever play Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods? Miserable piece of crap overall, but the Gothic engine and its gameplay mechanics made it worthwhile, if just barely, at least IMHO.

EDIT: Actually, he (i.e. my brother) also has an Xbox 360, and since the Xbox version of Risen hasn't yet been released in North America - probably to avoid competing with Modern Warfare 2, same as Call of Pripyat - he emailed Piranha Bytes to ask if the German release came with English as a language option. Turns out it does, as he discovered from the personal reply he got from Piranha Bytes CEO Michael Rüve himself! Craziness.
Bobandy

Return to Priboi Story