Lost Alpha - Progress

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Lost Alpha - Progress

Postby AC_Black » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Really looking forward to this Mod. By looking at all of the snapshots reading the forums on both forums :ANAL: I am getting more and more excited. Cheers LA team and have a great Holiday :drinkers:
AC_Black

Postby dez » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Some news were posted on moddb back in 24th of December, which only appeared in early next morning:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/ne ... hristmas29

Also: don't forget to check the screens there :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :drinkers:
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby masiena » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Hello everybody. Two questions.

First, is there a place where I can find progress bars, by feature (feature x=90%, feature y=100% etc.). I searched the lists but didn't find any. It would be good to see a progress bar, just to keep hopes a little bit warm :-)

Second, will L.A. use the original Lua interpreter from SOC, or a newer one? I like to tinker with Lua/C callables and Stalker is kind of a fertile playground.

Thank you all for the hard work.
masiena

Postby Sudema » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi,

It's been a while for me since I have been here but I did not loos my interest.

So, I was wondering, are you people still working on this mod or has it been cancelled?

~S~
Sudema

Postby AC_Black » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Sudema wrote:Hi,

It's been a while for me since I have been here but I did not loos my interest.

So, I was wondering, are you people still working on this mod or has it been cancelled?

~S~

~S~

I sure hope not, I have been playing STALKER for a long time now and got to say it is STILL the best single first person player game out there. Believe me I have over 50 FPS games and I STILL come back to this game.

I will not be playing the Vostok game Survarium. The cost is just too much for me Sorry :(
AC_Black

Postby trollef » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Long-time Stalker-player here, just stumbled across this piece of brilliance, and I'm now more excited about this than the last two games in the series!

Any news? The forums look a bit quiet...
trollef

Postby AC_Black » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:37 pm

~S~

Very sorry that someone leaked your work too early. Will wait for the official release by your team...
AC_Black

Postby ClearSky » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 pm

AC_Black wrote:~S~

Very sorry that someone leaked your work too early. Will wait for the official release by your team...

I have been lurking on these forums for years. I have been continually astounded that the scope of this project has not garnered much more attention across the forums.

I am a HUGE fan of the series and have thousands of hours between the 3 titles. I Felt that SoC was certainly the crown jewel of the "trilogy" for years....untill the "alpha" build was released. Only then did I realize how much of all 3 titles were to be in just one.

I am somewhat upset that the release will be "rushed" due to some idiot who simply could not respect the devs privacy. A breach of trust by one individual(s) has ruined this studios ability to make financial gains, and IMHO is lawsuit worthy.

I will continue to patiently wait, no matter the path Dezowave continues on. I respect the rumor that it will be released in a few days, but would also love to know that they will keep it in development until completion.

Dezowave: Thank you for everything. My mouth is watering, and I look forward to many more hours in a zone that is unfamiliar and new.
ClearSky

Postby r733 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Congrats on release before alien (D)disclousure. LA will keep me busy untill it happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7BYPf_ ... r_embedded

I'm upset that LA team was distracted from self-exploration (and develoment of tools assisting in it -which emulations/games are) by enforced capitalistc slavery (people call it monetary system). But hey, we humans have hard time to figure this culture/religion/political crap with our (engineered by malevolent aliens with focus on creation of war purposed slave race) crippled brains...

ps
i have 1 question. what's the directory and extension of file that plays in ingame tv?

ps2
LA is great! Gameplay is balanced and maps are beatiful. =)
r733

Postby ion » Mon May 12, 2014 7:54 pm

r733 wrote:Congrats on release before alien (D)disclousure. LA will keep me busy untill it happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7BYPf_ ... r_embedded

I'm upset that LA team was distracted from self-exploration (and develoment of tools assisting in it -which emulations/games are) by enforced capitalistc slavery (people call it monetary system). But hey, we humans have hard time to figure this culture/religion/political crap with our (engineered by malevolent aliens with focus on creation of war purposed slave race) crippled brains...

ps
i have 1 question. what's the directory and extension of file that plays in ingame tv?

ps2
LA is great! Gameplay is balanced and maps are beatiful. =)

Don't post your schizophrenic breaks here and spam up the forums. There was no "slavery" while this was in development. The devs bounced between the idea of trying to make money and push it for free. GSC did have some say in what needed to be done but a very large majority of the ideas, concepts, etc were solely done by Dez crew.
I'm also on the GSC Forums! "IonizedReactor".

My Lost Alpha Mods:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1857
ion

Postby r733 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:16 pm

Don't post your schizophrenic breaks here and spam up the forums. There was no "slavery" while this was in development. The devs bounced between the idea of trying to make money and push it for free. GSC did have some say in what needed to be done but a very large majority of the ideas, concepts, etc were solely done by Dez crew.

Nah, that's not what i meant. I see no trouble in cooperation -whether devs listened to gsc or not. My point was that they had to go to (most probably) disliked, shitty, meaningless and destructive activities (jobs). I read couple times that they had hard time to work and make LA along way.

btw do you know directory and name of that animation file of ingame tv?
r733

Postby CruxMDQ » Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

r733 wrote:I'm upset that LA team was distracted from self-exploration (and develoment of tools assisting in it -which emulations/games are) by enforced capitalistc slavery (people call it monetary system). But hey, we humans have hard time to figure this culture/religion/political crap with our (engineered by malevolent aliens with focus on creation of war purposed slave race) crippled brains...

While I can understand the reasoning behind this and your posterior clarification, I would appreciate that you helped keep this particular thread clean.

Everyone is dying to hear news on the current status of LA. (Myself included.) Cluttering up does not help.

A news thread is hardly the place to begin a philosophical debate. There's the off-topic forums/threads for that.

I suggest you post your request for information on the public forums instead of here as well.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Previous

Return to Lost Alpha