Lost Alpha - Progress

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Progress

Postby jwknaggs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 am

well said :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby dez » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:03 pm

dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Indeed. Looking extremely promising... although I wonder if the headbobbing will be to everyone's taste.

So, dezodor, is the current release date still realistic or are delays to be expected?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am

You know, Dez, it might have been best to keep silent about the whole thing until the day before you release. Then you could tell the world of a new mod and, looking like a magician, release it the next day.

It has to be close to impossible to give any kind of completion date due to unexpected problems and the rule of 'Sod's Law' (if it CAN go wrong, it WILL).

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:54 pm

The big drawback of media silence is that people will start believing that the mod is dead. See Alien Swarm Infested for example (even though it is not a mod).
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby dez » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:50 pm

the release date is liquid :D

actually, im sure there will be some months delay, since we always find bugs on maps, and recompiling all the time :) Also the story is not finished yet, we always have arguments about what would be the best / which still old but something new / or what is possible to do and what not...

Red,

thats why we dont show story elements, or scenes... maps will change, but news is needed, just like the same reason as Johnny posted.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Wait, Lost Alpha will have a plot? You mean, an actual plot like Priboi, or are you simply referring to the quests and all that stuff?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby dez » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:16 pm

a new storyline is needed ,since we dont use any map from soc, and also, would be boring to do the same quests again...

yep, new storyline, which brings back old cutout moments, but cant say more, because the team rips off my head :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:32 am

I'm not asking for details, I was just surprised because I remember reading you saying that Lost Alpha would be like some kind of freeplay mod which only goal would be to reach the CNPP. Either I read it wrong or the team has changed its mind.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Frederic » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:04 am

The story itself is/will be built so it isn't in the way of freeplay.
As in, the story is the trunk and the branches are the quests/choices, etc.
The NPP has an important role and is a goal in the story, though obviously not the finale.
Frederic

Postby dez » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:16 pm

when we released priboi with free play from start feature... people simply didnt get the meaning, they only looked for freeplay feature after finishing the mod.

we will change in lost alpha. freeplay will be, but only after finishing the main storyline.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:57 pm

PS really needed freeplay from the beginning as you have to take your first trips to Pripyat and the NPP quite early on. Coming back to find the next documents is necessary, so freeplay had to be in place from the start.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 am

One feature that I think definitely should be in the game is one from OL freeplay where you can get stalkers to team up with you in exchange for medkits. They follow you around and watch your back. It's great.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby dez » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 pm

you mean the mercenaries mod by red75 which was included in ol too? nah it wont fit to lost alpha... and it still has bugs
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 pm

dezodor wrote:when we released priboi with free play from start feature... people simply didnt get the meaning, they only looked for freeplay feature after finishing the mod.

we will change in lost alpha. freeplay will be, but only after finishing the main storyline.

Kinda like the cancelled 1.1 patch for SoC and Call of Pripyat. But to be honest, by "freeplay", I actually mean a free-roaming world in which you can go wherever you want whenever you want, unlike linear bores such as vanilla SoC and CS as well as Bioshock.
JohnnyTheWolf

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha