Lost Alpha - Progress

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Lost Alpha - Progress

Postby basist » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:45 pm

It's like testers are the ones who take the "fly out of the ointment", or eat that "spoon of tar from a barrel of honey" before the players find it :lol:

Maaaan, it's so itching to play LA!!! :axe: :axe: :axe:
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby Cerre » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Any updates on the progess? I would love to hear it's done ;-) Bought the disc version of SOC again so please me :$
Cerre

Postby Red Schuhart » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:29 pm

About a month ago there was news that LA was approximately 90% finished. But the remaining 10% was the bit that contained 90% of the total 'buggeration, trouble and strife' of the entire project.

The projected release date for LA is exactly the same as for every other work-in-progress: when it's done. Asking for clarification of this point is futile as any acceptable answer will require the revelation of secrets, and the UHSF have put up 500,000 Rubles as a bounty on any team member who so much as mumbles 'L.A' in his/her sleep.

A hint at the 'realism' of LA can be gleaned from the rumour that 3 testers have so far been killed by bullets flying out of their monitor screens during intense combat sequences. The UHSF now helpfully supply each tester with 'Guardian' armor in an effort to cut down on funeral costs.

Be assured that the post that follows this one will almost certainly not be the release announcement.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:42 pm

So here we are, one year passed again, and we were never so close to the release like now :) We guess you already feel, that 2012 will be the year, when Lost Alpha, our beloved project finally reaches your hard-drives... We can not say specific release date, but probably by the end of February we will surely be able to name the month, when we can finally release our dream.

Until then, here is our present to all our fans, and newcomers, a short video and some screens, which shows we are doing our best to be able to give you a well polished product. We tried to not to spoil much, however it's real hard. ...but finally it's in 720p, our first good quality video :)

Happy New Year to everyone! And don't forget

The Zone is calling You! :)

// special thanks to Cromm Cruac for making the trailer //
// special thanks to Jim McCabe for the narrating voice //
// you can see the full credits in the end of the video //

VIDEO HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t08LMIu-P8

moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha
youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/dez0wave

Lost Alpha was featured on Rock Paper Shotgun page:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01 ... ost-alpha/

If you visit our moddb page, you can see 5 new screenshots, ofc they are posted here on the main site. Don't forget to check them :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby LoboTheMan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 am

When you at some point are done, and release the mod, and you need some alternate site to have the files hosted for download, I would gladly offer my services :).

I might as well use my 40/40 Mbit connection to something useful :D
And my server is runninng 24/7 anyway, and idle most of the time, so might as well make use of it some more.
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Postby LoboTheMan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 pm

So is this serious???:

http://www.dezowave.com/lost-alpha-project-frozen/

Or is it a late April fools joke???

Is Lost Alpha as dead as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2?
LoboTheMan

Postby KazakHD5770 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Since last news ppl worry much. Because we don't know much and can imaginate some bad stuff in worried minds. So, ppl need information :)
Please answer questions below:
1. How many levels are filled with storyline?
2. Are sidequests done?
3. Is freeplay mode done? Freeplay quests? If not done, still it in your plans?
4. Which features are bugged?
5. If you'll cut features, will you cut only surprise feautures or known as well?
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby vintar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:43 pm

1 all
2 some
3 yes, some, maybe
4 cant say yet
5 see above
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Nobody reads the subject field

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Guys, this is just my piece of mind, but...I think you ought to take your time with the project. I've been waiting for years now and I still don't feel any closer to seeing Lost Alpha released than ever before. What I suggest is that you do not release anything yet - now or ever and instead, focus on finishing it, as long as it takes. An unfinished beta could be bad publicity - even more so if you take into account the mindset of some fans.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby McMick » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:26 am

Don't release until it's finished!!!

I've been waiting just as long as anybody for this mod, but with the cancellation of STALKER 2 I feel like a complete mod would be a more positive thing for everyone. Rushing out a beta is only going to bring criticisms, questions and bug reports that you are probably fully aware of already. Quality work in STALKER mods is hard to come by. Pretty much every one I've played has some incompleteness to it (including the main game itself!!). It would be a real change of pace to see a 100 percent complete and relatively bug-free mod released, and for you coders it would also reduce the time spent fixing bugs or incomplete bits later on.

I also worry that if you *do* release early, you might not feel like finishing it anymore. Where would the incentive come from? The surprise is ruined, some of the people will grouse and you'll smack your forehead and walk away. (I'm not saying that it will happen, only that I'm worried that it *could* happen).

The original game was released before it was finished, with negative consequences, and people have waited for years now to see a game that lives up to the original promise. I can wait another few years if you guys can make it happen!!!

You know what would be great, is a status page like DOSBox has, with progress bars and percentages of how complete each part is. People can look at it at a glance from time to time and know the status of the project's individual parts. It might even help you to recruit more volunteers to help out. Look here: http://www.dosbox.com/status.php?show_status=1
McMick

Postby LoboTheMan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:08 am

Anything yet ;)

I know you guys probably are busy and all.

But any sign of life would be appreciated:)

Is the project canned, on hold, or something completely different?
LoboTheMan

Postby vintar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 am

Hi lobo, follow us on moddb. This forum has always been quiet and i'm sure it will be busy once the game is released. Progress is going fantastically well :)
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby basist » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 pm

incredibly nice to read that! :)
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby KazakHD5770 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Yeah, I'm happy about this too. But as Lox wrote, there are lots of difficult bugs which can not be fixed without programmer. Are there any news from programmer? Maybe you'll make him come back for few hours to work with scissors and cut some shit? :D
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby vintar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Eh well the programmer never left, just busy with real life. He is working on the bugs now along with help. I wont say too much more except that the script system is being totally mindf*cked by a magician :D
vintar
dez0wave developer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha