Questions, ideas (radiation, lost anomalies etc.)

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Questions, ideas (radiation, lost anomalies etc.)

Postby Omfgkrystus » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi guys! For beggining i wish to say you doing so great job, making our stalker, to look like it should. I wish to ask some serious questions about the "game" (ye imo its new game on same engine ;p) first most important mechanic:
1. Radiation- In normal stalker its just little annoying thing that reduce u health and you can solve problem by using pills. Well meybe you guys can make it more deadly and serious? I mean the effect like camera do near radiation zones? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmSydErHvWw) or screen goes darker and darker, and u feel exhausted :> It make u feel like really sick. Pills should anyway be nerfed, so u don't use 1 of them to be healthy and happy again after 2 sec.
2. Lost Anomalies- Rust and Fog, i hope u remember them guys ;p They be back and make artefacts?
3. Item usage sound- in CoP drinking and eating sounds relly like it should :> Yo made it?
4. Heard about Tark monster? :> some1 trying to create him? (cuz his model never been relased)- it can be boss somewere (just imagine 3m angry horse :D)
5. Yo make warlab (x8 from CoP) as playable lvl? And does Laboratories and cellars will be scary as i-pee-in-my-pants? :D
6. Generators be AFTER Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant? Thats been base idea of game story until changes.
7. Sprint nerf please :> Or sometimes sprint will be more useful then cars.
8. Thats all for now. I know there are lot of questions, but i like if some1 anser them :> Remember that i am just ASKING (nothing wrong with that i guess?) about project things, and giving some ideas that i think will fit perfectly in game lore. Btw. i dont see these questions in F.A.Q :> Have fun and GL! :D
Omfgkrystus

Re: Questions, ideas (radiation, lost anomalies etc.)

Postby atikabubu » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi there :mrgreen:

1. We have a nice fallout effect, maybe it was seen on some screen or video. Radiation mechanics won't be changed.
2. We have the anti-gravity anomaly :] Let dez speak out on this one.
3. Maybe :mrgreen:
4. Never gonna happen.
5. If warlab scared the shit out of you, buy diapers for the rest of the labs. :mrgreen:
6. Yup
7. Dunno, i play on god-mode all the time during testing. :mrgreen:
8. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Polish Stalker Community
Polish Community PR and Localization
atikabubu
Admin & dez0wave developer

Postby dez » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm

hi,

id extend Ati's answers:

2. we have rusty fog too, but its not used yet in game, and we have a lot more :)
3. yes, its there, Barin made it backin 2009
5. yea, labs and undergrounds are cool in la, we worked a lot on them to make them scary as hell :D
7. walking, running and sprinting speed will be lowered a bit
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Omfgkrystus » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank you soo much for answers! :D I really ddnt expect to get normal answers :) I have 3 really last questions about gameplay:
9. Did the game still be human meat grinder? I mean in SoC i killed like 2k+ human enemies. If LA story is before (or with middle of SoC) story there shouldn't be more then 100 to 300 humans in zone (Thats info from CoP and some GSC rumors ). So we see pack of 20 humans or 20 mutants? :)
10. Harder fights and toughter mutants yo? :p
11. It will be possible to easy translate game text from folder even in wordpad?
Thats all what i wanted to ask :) I really owe you guys for making the best game even better :) Keep it up and u will be famous! Krystus00n over, bye ;D
Omfgkrystus

Postby Chezzlor » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 am

I quite hope point 1 has been done well.

Thinking about Vanilla stalker, sometimes you have no idea your suffering massive radiation and health loss because your confident in your Armour. While it adds a nice bit of caution to the game I would prefer to see obvious effects from heavy radiation poisoning. Losing stamina and having screen effects with possibly some sick coughing would be a nice addition.

Keep up the good work
Chezzlor

Postby dez » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

omfgkrystus,

9. we never liked serious-sam style games (well the game itself was cool, but it doesnt fit to stalker), so no more 2384293482 monster hordes, or npc hordes. All is spawned properly, monsters use their lairs, stalkers their camps, and they never wander around without a reason, they are doing simple tasks as you can do too, trading, hunting, or just going to an other camp, but they always have a role.

10. this part wasnt fully calibrated yet, will finetune it later, when the story and sidetasks are finished. During testing we usually play in godmode, so its hard to test this part :)) Ofc its in our plans to make mutants stronger, so we don't need to flood the game with mutties (to avoid serious-sam effect).

11. translation is the same as in other stk games...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby basist » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Strongly support scary labs (even the most skeptic feedbacks to original SoC praised the underground levels for "making player scared s*itless) and stronger (and fewer) monsters.

As there will be less NPCs - will their (and your) weapons be stronger? For example, it's quite weird to see AK-74 (AKM, whatever) as a weak and JAMMING gun. First is almost unrealistic (many weapons seem to try and compete) but second is a pure nonsense.
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby Mr_Hard » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Dez!)

I know I'm late with my smaaal idea, cause You are in final stage of development. But..
Do you remember the primitive plan how to go to the hiding place of Gunslinger in the dungeons of Agroprom on the sheet of papper. This sheet was in PDA's notes and you got it from Mole (Крот in Russian) in the original game.

So, I think it'll be cool to orientate on the unknown location ( i mean 2 surprise map, as KazakHD said on Moddb about players who will look on world map to see new locations form first seconds of playing LA), if such plans on the crumpled paper in the PDA's notes are realised in LA)
Such paper plans may be interesting and (why not?) useful in labs and dungeons, how it have been in original SoC in case of hiding place of Gunslinger.

I mean, you can get this sheet from quest. Not from the very begining of discover the surprise map. This is because the player will be able to feel himself lost on unknown location. And later, for instance, after completing some quests you'll got this plan. And I'm agree with KazakHD about absence or bad quality map of surprise location in PDA's world map(posted on MODDB).

What do you think about this?
Mr_Hard

Postby ScramUK » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 pm

I was just wondering how mutants of the Zone behave in your lost alpha. Will packs of blind dogs actively go on a hunt when hungry? Could camps be wiped out by such an attack?
Does the A-life migrate from area to area? What do they do during blow outs?

In the more custom levels, will every stalker camp have some sort of shelter or will there just be one or two in the area for withstanding blowouts, leaving opposing factions to fight it out ?
ScramUK

Postby KazakHD5770 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:15 pm

If you did not tweaked blind dogs' configs to make blind dogs acting like blind dogs...

m_dog.ltx - just replace old configs with new (structure was not changed - just copy and paste at same place)

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Vision
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
eye_fov = 360 ;dog is blind - what if FOV for? But anyway it's useful for us ^_^ 360 degrees of FOV will simulate scenting and hearing (default parameter = 110)
eye_range = 50 ; incrased eye_range to simulate scenting/hearing on longest distance (default = 30)

min_view_distance = 0.7 ;no changes
max_view_distance = 1.0 ; no changes
visibility_threshold = 100.0 ; this parameter probably should be higher to simulate that dog need more time to hear or smell something
always_visible_distance = 20 ; when enemy is at <20 meters at dog, dog with always "see" enemy - kinda perfect scenting and hearing, probably will work if object is even behind wall - it's going be awesome (default = 0.4)

Please try it, don't skip PLEASE!
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

About the zone map

Postby Jaskor88 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Map of the zone is weird and unrealistic I mean Pripyat for example is in wrong place. Is it like anomalies or something f****d up the whole place or what? How is it in Lost Alpha?

Nevertheless this mod is going to be awesome! :wink:
Jaskor88

Postby AC_Black » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:33 pm

~S~

Still coming back to read about this Mod :) Hope to see something soon..
AC_Black

Return to Lost Alpha