Infiltrating Dark Valley Bandits

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Infiltrating Dark Valley Bandits

Postby casimir » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:34 am

I've just spoken to the Stalker that gives me this task. Supposedly he will mark on the map the location of a place where I might find a bandit outfit, but the only location marked is where the gullible / drunken bandit is. Where can I find the bandit outfit?
casimir

Re: Infiltrating Dark Valley Bandits

Postby Zombiep00pZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:59 am

it is in the bandit inventory inside the building with a guard guarding it (looks like a jail cell) first floor on the right of front door
thx :rolleyes:
Zombiep00pZ

Postby CruxMDQ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:19 am

• Get the bandit outfit - check.
  • Get the password - check.
  • Give password to Monolith goon on X18 complex entrance - check.
  • Talk to informant - well, I hoped to get to that... except the damn maniacs STILL go ape even after giving the password and all.

I knifed a few bandits to make my way into the arms depot on their base where the bandit jacket is stored... did I blow it?
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby casimir » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:54 am

Zombiep00pZ wrote:it is in the bandit inventory inside the building with a guard guarding it (looks like a jail cell) first floor on the right of front door

Found the room, but there is a bandit guarding the way. Can't do anything without being spotted.

Edit: Well I managed to stealth kill a few of the bandits and moved on to the Monolith building but this time I just cannot get to the informant without failing the mission. Help?
casimir

Postby CruxMDQ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:32 pm

casimir wrote:
Zombiep00pZ wrote:it is in the bandit inventory inside the building with a guard guarding it (looks like a jail cell) first floor on the right of front door

Found the room, but there is a bandit guarding the way. Can't do anything without being spotted.

Edit: Well I managed to stealth kill a few of the bandits and moved on to the Monolith building but this time I just cannot get to the informant without failing the mission. Help?

I ran straight up to that dude and introduced his ear to the business end of my knife.

In my experience, dressing as a bandit won't fool any bandit on the base BUT the drunkard. Fast-talk the dude and you get the pass from him, but it must be a fake - the Monolith say, "sure, come in", then suddenly they decide that I would do just fine for target practice.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby casimir » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:08 pm

CruxMDQ wrote:I ran straight up to that dude and introduced his ear to the business end of my knife.

In my experience, dressing as a bandit won't fool any bandit on the base BUT the drunkard. Fast-talk the dude and you get the pass from him, but it must be a fake - the Monolith say, "sure, come in", then suddenly they decide that I would do just fine for target practice.

Fair point but the implication from the mission instructions is that I should expect to be able to stealth the mission. Is this in fact not true, and there isn't any way to go in without shooting everyone down? I know, this is Stalker, it's an FPS, but it isn't Call of Duty. :P
casimir

Postby faelnor » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:28 pm

I don't understand Zombiep00pZ' reply in this thread. 'Fiend', the mission giver very specifically states that in order to infiltrate the bandits camp and get the information, you need a bandit outfit. If you ask him for more detail, he says there's an outfit in a building (or a cave) destroyed after an explosion and that he will mark the location -- which he definitely doesn't do. He also hints at another location.

This implies that there are at least two bandit oufits in the Dark Valley map and that the player is supposed to find one before approaching the bandit camp. Can someone confirm that and tell us where the locations are?

EDIT: I'm mistaken, the other location is the bar where the outfit can be bought, apparently. That leaves at least one in the wild. If I can't find it, I'll go buy it I guess.
faelnor

Postby faelnor » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:35 pm

faelnor

Return to Lost Alpha