Install problem with Win XP SP3

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Install problem with Win XP SP3

Postby rretamar » Sat May 03, 2014 6:17 am

Hi.
I try to install the mod Lost Alpha v1.3000 in Windows XP SP3 (hd space free = 70 Gb, video Nvidia GT630, processor Intel i7, RAM 4 Gb ddr3). When clic on "Install" button, the installer show this error message:

The last message (in spanish) say:

"The system can't find the specified path".

The same error shows for directx installator, oalinst, and xvid redistributable installers. The installer finalize, and a process called ic.exe remains active in memory, consuming 13 % of cpu in my pc. The avg antivirus detect it as trojan (i add this ic.exe file to the exception list and try run setup.exe again).

The setup.exe is executed with administrator privileges, of course. I use the pirate bay (torrent) to download the Lost Alpha Mod.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

---------------[ Spanish translation ]--------------------

Hola.
Estoy intentando instalar el mod Lost Alpha v1.3000 en Windows XP SP3 (espacio libre en disco = 70 Gb, placa de vídeo Nvidia GT630, procesador Intel i7, memoria RAM 4 Gb ddr3). Cuando hago clic en el botón "Install", aparece el siguiente mensaje de error:

A continuación tengo los mismos errores para el resto de los componentes redistrubuíbles (directx, xvid, etc.). El instalafor finaliza, y encuentro que queda en la memoria un proceso llamado ic.exe que en mi equipo queda consumiendo aproximadamente un 13 % de ciclos de cpu. El antivirus AVG detecta este proceso como un troyano, lo he agregado a la lista de excepciones, pero sigo sin poder instalarlo, siguen apareciendo los mismos mensajes.

Por supuesto, estoy ejecutando el archivo setup.exe con privilegios de administrador. La descarga del mod la hice a través del torrent buscado en The Pirate Bay.

¿ Alguna idea ?.

Gracias !!! :D

Any idea ?

Thanks !
rretamar

Re: Install problem with Win XP SP3

Postby rretamar » Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Other question related to prevoous post: The mod is compatible with windows XP sp3 ?
rretamar

Postby Quade » Tue May 06, 2014 1:55 am

rretamar wrote:Other question related to prevoous post: The mod is compatible with windows XP sp3 ?

Not yet, but the devs are going to compile bins for WinXP, which, probably, will be released soon.
Quade

Postby rretamar » Tue May 06, 2014 5:54 am

Quade wrote:
rretamar wrote:Other question related to prevoous post: The mod is compatible with windows XP sp3 ?

Not yet, but the devs are going to compile bins for WinXP, which, probably, will be released soon.

Ok.

Thank. :wink:
rretamar

Postby rretamar » Fri May 23, 2014 3:19 am

Sorry...the installer is corrupted. I download all again and work fine in Windows XP SP3.

:oops:

Thanks !!!
rretamar

Return to Lost Alpha