BUG-TRACKING THREAD FOR 1.3001

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Travel Bug

Postby Faiakes » Tue May 27, 2014 9:46 am

You can't travel from Pripyat outskirts to Pripyat City.

It gives message can't_reach_area_warning (and this is after I have gone into Pripyat city through the sewers)

CruxMDQ wrote:This one is already listed.
Faiakes

Re: BUG-TRACKING THREAD FOR 1.30013

Postby Warick70 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:30 pm

AREA TRANSITION NODE BUG

"CruxMDQ wrote:
This is quite wordy and a bit tricky to understand clearly... you're having these issues when moving to Metal Factory from Yantar when the Bar is attacked? Quoted this verbatim, but some clarification would be nice."

Thank you for your reply, and as you asked i will try to add some Clarification to the area node bug.

Both before AND after the attack on the bar i could not get to Yantar from the area node in-side the Great Metal Factory. I had to venture into a new area (Often going to Construction site so i could go to Yantar that way) This node here is the bug node that won't go away http://i.imgur.com/Wk4swj4.jpg

What i had to do was go to construction site and use the Yantar node there (The one next to the merc base). The node rejects me if i simply walk into it because and i quote "Contaminated Area, Keep Clear!". But if i jump into it, on an angle, and a little off the center, it allows me through and offers the YES and NO options yet the Contaminated area texts is on the screen. http://i.imgur.com/AbxqAbe.jpg

There is only 3 ways to get into Yantar from the right side 1: the Bar 2: The construction site or 3: Go to army warehouses and then to the dead city and that gets me to Yantar. The first is impossible, the 3rd seems way too far and the marker says i don't have to go this way, and the second Really makes it difficult but i can get past it. Am i not meant to go to Yantar just yet even though i have the missions to get in there? and Do other people not have any of these same issues like I do?
Last edited by Warick70 on Wed May 28, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warick70

Ammo disappearing

Postby Faiakes » Tue May 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi

I found the Gauss riffle and some ammo but over 3 times I noticed that between loading saves the gauss ammo simply disappears from my inventory.
Faiakes

Clip Bug

Postby Faiakes » Wed May 28, 2014 7:16 am

Hi

There is no clip and one can fall through this gap here, in the NPP room you find the backup battery.

Faiakes

Postby Ajvar » Wed May 28, 2014 11:34 am

Bug with geometry after the bridge. Can't simply walk on the road without hitting invisible walls/tramplines/whatever.

http://youtu.be/GaX7iIVdneo
http://youtu.be/tladD3zxzFw
Ajvar

Postby tactica » Wed May 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Ajvar wrote:Bug with geometry after the bridge. Can't simply walk on the road without hitting invisible walls/tramplines/whatever.

http://youtu.be/GaX7iIVdneo

CruxMDQ (IIRC) said it's an invisible anomaly introduced with Lost Alpha.
tactica

CTD

Postby Faiakes » Sat May 31, 2014 8:12 pm

In Cordon:

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : script_engine.cpp
Line : 75
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : LUA error: .... - lost alpha\gamedata\scripts\ui_repair_wnd.script:471: attempt to index field 'selected_item' (a nil value)

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\bins\xrCore.dll" at 0023:66F64168, xrDebug::backend()+168 byte(s)

CruxMDQ wrote:Question here: you trying to use the repair kit?
Faiakes

Postby johnnydadda » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Page one of this thread identifies a CTD with xrParticles.dll and says it doesn't happen with static lighting. I'm getting the same crash repeatedly with static lighting.
I'm in the sarcophagus, task manager shows all cores maxed out.

CruxMDQ wrote:Thanks for the info. Adding to list.
johnnydadda

Postby CruxMDQ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Added an edit to circumvent Greben's issue (nods to viking for this)
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby RaiderViking » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 pm

After updating to 1.30013 I see the splash screen and then the screen goes dark and nothing happens

Prior to applying the patch I've played the game up until trying to get the documents out of the safe in the bandit camp with no problems what so ever with all settings maxed running Dx10 settings @2560x1600 (the usual game crashes now and then but nothing major)

I have tried the following:

- Updated initial install and removed settings as reccomended during the install of the patch > I see the splash screen and then the screen goes dark
- New install of 1.30000 applied settings to suit my computer and then ran the updater and did not remove the previous settings > same result
- Fresh install and applied patch without starting the 1.30000 version > Same result
- Fresh install w applied patch and deleted user.ltx > Same result

My hardware specs
Intel i7 2600K
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX670
Win 7 64bit

No mods of any kind

I do not have a log file as it is never created, the game just doesn't start it seems after applying the patch...
I have searched the forums and found similar issues but there the poster was unable to launch any version of LA, I can play 1.30000 just fine and dandy... just not 1.30013

Any ideas or am I SoL and have to hope for an upcoming patch??
RaiderViking

Re: BUG-TRACKING THREAD FOR 1.3001

Postby Rivie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:33 am

Instant crash in Yantar when I pick up the wires for the scientist:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 75
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...lker lost alpha\gamedata\scripts\tasks_yantar.script:25: attempt to call field 'id' (a number value)

stack trace:

0023:69AA461F xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
0023:68AF96A5 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::operator=()
Rivie

CPU: Intel i5 2500K
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 1333
GPU: HD 7870
SSD: Crucial M4 120GB
HDD: VelociRaptor 1TB 10000 RPM
PSU: COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W
Rivie

Previous

Return to Lost Alpha