Rewriting PDA Encyclopedia

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Rewriting PDA Encyclopedia

Postby Doctor FoX » Sun May 04, 2014 9:49 am

I would like to add in new entries for the encyclopedia showing all the new items,factions and locations in lost alpha. I like being able to read on every single item in the game and I really love writing descriptions. Would it be possible to implement these via the game data folder in a similar method to editing item descriptions?

Example:
Burer:
Elusive stunted, humanoid creatures wearing a dark robe possessing incredible psychic abilities. Very rare and extremely dangerous, these hunched figures are the bane of all but the most veteran of stalkers. They are capable of stopping incoming projectiles by generating a bulletproof shield around themselves, in a process similar to that of a Jellyfish artifact. Their primary attack releases a powerful rolling shockwave at their opponent, capable of severely wounding any creature as well as flinging any object at their general direction. They are also capable of telekinesis similar to that of a poltergeist, allowing them to toss heavy objects at their enemies without exposing themselves. At close range, the burer is less dangerous as it will resort to using its stubby hands and engage in hand to hand combat. It’s body is also fairly resilient capable of withstanding multiple rifle shots and also being able to deflects some shots entirely. The origin of these creatures is unknown, some say they are the tormented souls of human experimentation made flesh. They are very rarely seen outside dark tunnels, buildings and underground installations but it is not unknown for them to emerge out in the open, occasionally in groups. The burer is also a good source of income for those brave enough (not to mention skilled) to face one as their hands possess telekinetic potential which is considered paradigm shifting by Scientists.
The Zone is as rewarding as it is unforgiving, Stalker...
Veteran medic of Freedom
Doctor FoX

Re: Rewriting PDA Encyclopedia

Postby tactica » Sat May 10, 2014 12:27 am

Doctor FoX wrote:I would like to add in new entries for the encyclopedia showing all the new items,factions and locations in lost alpha. I like being able to read on every single item in the game and I really love writing descriptions. Would it be possible to implement these via the game data folder in a similar method to editing item descriptions?

This would be a nice thing to have, I always ignore the encyclopedia because it is so boring. Besides, the data needs to be updated for LA anyway.
tactica

Return to Lost Alpha