Surround sound problem

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Surround sound problem

Postby skully213 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi, after installing the patch, the Eax option disapear totaly from the sound option menu, now i only have generic software, any idea?
Last edited by skully213 on Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skully213

Re: Eax disapear after patching?!?

Postby skully213 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:31 am

Im the only one with this issue?

Im using Logitech G35 Headset, full 7.1 channels!

Edit: After reading a little on the subject, my Headset does not support EAX, but it is compatible with OpenAl and directsound... my question now is, can i get suround sound in LA with my headset? and if yes, how?
skully213

Postby Locksley » Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 am

EAX can still be accessed from the user.ltx
EDIT - Sorry, I was wrong. It was not eax but efx for effects probably... END EDIT

I have fought to get surround working on my Xonar HDAV since release but with no luck.
Tried different wrappers and working through settings.

Every time I get a sound problem with a game it is a new procedure :rolleyes:
Seems like developers have left sound behind and are only focusing on graphics i.e. DirectX, OpenGL... (not Dezowave, I mean major players in the industry).

When you get used to locating things with sound you sure miss surround in most games.

Good luck!
Locksley

Postby Xeros612 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:58 am

There was an option for sound acceleration in the post-patch menu that was labeled by a different name. Not sure what the deal with it is or if it works since changing settings and restarting for me made the game incapable of booting, ticking that setting might enable EAX?

Every time I get a sound problem with a game it is a new procedure :rolleyes:
Seems like developers have left sound behind and are only focusing on graphics i.e. DirectX, OpenGL... (not Dezowave, I mean major players in the industry).

Yep, just toss everything into FMOD so the CPU can waste cycles running audio processes because while users are willing to get dedicated GPUs (or try to run things off their dinky little Intel HD 4000s), not enough people opt to go for a real sound card these days. And/or have something against Creative, which is understandable since they've done some patent trolling in their day. But yeah, audio's gone way downhill. Even little things like reverb end up sounding awful or getting neglected entirely in this "do everything on the CPU" era compared to what EAX offered/offers.

Creative ALchemy can only do so much!
Xeros612

Postby skully213 » Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm

I have come back to SSOC to test if i get surround sound in it, and yes surround work fine, now can dezowave implement it for everyone in LA?
skully213

Return to Lost Alpha