The search for the secret trader in dead city.

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

The search for the secret trader in dead city.

Postby Broadsword » Sun May 04, 2014 10:55 pm

The other day I asked on reddit if anyone had found the secret trader in the dead city yet, the one Veles mentions. I did this because after the military raid mission I had a lot of loot to sell off. It got no replies so I figured that people had not found him yet for whatever reason and that he does not just show up later in the story. So I started searching... and I kept searching. I pretty quickly started to suspect how futile my efforts were but I kept going because the hint about these traders is the only reward you get for doing a very difficult mission, so it can't just be bullshit. Can it?
I honestly don't remember what exactly Veles says, it's not on my PDA anymore and I don't have any saves near that point.What I do remember him saying is that there is a secret trader in the dead city somewhere, he has some kind of powers and top level gear, that you'll get some kind of message on your PDA when near him(?), and that it will require some kind of leap of faith to get to him. Honestly I forgot the leap of faith part until I was a few buildings in so if the trader does exist and I missed him that's probably why, but I doubt it. As I went marked all the points of interest that I had thoroughly searched with a red question mark, and those that had worthwhile look with a stash symbol. Here's what I found.

http://i.imgur.com/gTNQwPU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fdPfAn4.jpg

There are some free artifacts, parasites and droplets. in the graveyard to the south with only a few zombies and anomalies guarding them. There is a bridge with a pistol called Kora ### on the supports beams under it. The pistol is kinda lackluster, not great stats and rare ammo, especially considering it's a reward for making a tedious climb under the bridge. There is an under the barrel grenade launcher for AKs in the radiated building but I don't think that's worth it either, unless you have antirad and medkits to spare. The building in the top-center part of the city has an advanced anomaly detector and some other loot including rare ammo. Most of the other buildings have garbage loot like food, water, and AK ammo.
Overall I'm pretty disappointed. If the trader exists I don't really know how I missed him. Either I missed a "leap of faith" or there is some kind of trigger, like he is only in a certain place at a certain time. Maybe he is in the empty fields around the dead city, but I doubt it. I'm sort of baffled as to why the reward you get for killing the blood sucker king is bullshit information, but there it is. Anyways if anyone has a save of when you return from X14 let me know exactly what Veles says, maybe I missed a clue.
Oh, and I may not have found a secret trader but I did find the end of the earth :D

http://i.imgur.com/qFGNZqM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bkDKrNb.jpg
Broadsword

Re: The search for the secret trader in dead city.

Postby Kalanos » Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 pm

In return for your help, I will give you some information only known by few: There are secret traders in Deadcity and Pripyat. They have some equipment that most stalkers dream about. I will tell them about you - and if they are in those areas, you will get a PDA message of their coordinates where you can find them for a limited amount of time. These traders are gifted with strange abilities similar to the legendary Man of Myths. I can't say why they are like that - this requires further investigation on our part.
Kalanos

Postby Ogi79 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:36 pm

i have the same problem ! ...cant find them... Veles said he will mark on PDA but nothing...
Ogi79

Postby Broadsword » Mon May 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Kalanos wrote:
In return for your help, I will give you some information only known by few: There are secret traders in Deadcity and Pripyat. They have some equipment that most stalkers dream about. I will tell them about you - and if they are in those areas, you will get a PDA message of their coordinates where you can find them for a limited amount of time. These traders are gifted with strange abilities similar to the legendary Man of Myths. I can't say why they are like that - this requires further investigation on our part.

That's actually quite helpful. Thanks. I forgot the bit about them being there for a limited time. It's good to know but not particularly useful, oh well.
Broadsword

Postby prava » Mon May 05, 2014 10:05 pm

The Leap of Faith is another matter entirely... the loot on it was pretty good, though ;)
prava

Postby Kalanos » Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 pm

You're welcome. Two things stand out in my mind. First, he says "IF" they are there - tends to suggest they might not always be. And he mentions Dead City AND Pripyat. These 2 things taken together mean you have a larger search area than just one map and there's no promise you will find him on your first time to visit 1 of the maps. It could be he only spawns in Pripyat or it could be it's a random spawn on either map, etc.
Kalanos

Postby greenfish » Tue May 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Broadsword wrote:The other day I asked on reddit if anyone had found the secret trader in the dead city yet, the one Veles mentions. I did this because after the military raid mission I had a lot of loot to sell off. It got no replies so I figured that people had not found him yet for whatever reason and that he does not just show up later in the story. So I started searching... and I kept searching. I pretty quickly started to suspect how futile my efforts were but I kept going because the hint about these traders is the only reward you get for doing a very difficult mission, so it can't just be bullshit. Can it?
I honestly don't remember what exactly Veles says, it's not on my PDA anymore and I don't have any saves near that point.What I do remember him saying is that there is a secret trader in the dead city somewhere, he has some kind of powers and top level gear, that you'll get some kind of message on your PDA when near him(?), and that it will require some kind of leap of faith to get to him. Honestly I forgot the leap of faith part until I was a few buildings in so if the trader does exist and I missed him that's probably why, but I doubt it. As I went marked all the points of interest that I had thoroughly searched with a red question mark, and those that had worthwhile look with a stash symbol. Here's what I found.

http://i.imgur.com/gTNQwPU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fdPfAn4.jpg

There are some free artifacts, parasites and droplets. in the graveyard to the south with only a few zombies and anomalies guarding them. There is a bridge with a pistol called Kora ### on the supports beams under it. The pistol is kinda lackluster, not great stats and rare ammo, especially considering it's a reward for making a tedious climb under the bridge. There is an under the barrel grenade launcher for AKs in the radiated building but I don't think that's worth it either, unless you have antirad and medkits to spare. The building in the top-center part of the city has an advanced anomaly detector and some other loot including rare ammo. Most of the other buildings have garbage loot like food, water, and AK ammo.
Overall I'm pretty disappointed. If the trader exists I don't really know how I missed him. Either I missed a "leap of faith" or there is some kind of trigger, like he is only in a certain place at a certain time. Maybe he is in the empty fields around the dead city, but I doubt it. I'm sort of baffled as to why the reward you get for killing the blood sucker king is bullshit information, but there it is. Anyways if anyone has a save of when you return from X14 let me know exactly what Veles says, maybe I missed a clue.
Oh, and I may not have found a secret trader but I did find the end of the earth :D

http://i.imgur.com/qFGNZqM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bkDKrNb.jpg

One of the mods here was bringing this to main devs attention if it's a bug or not. Didn't get a reply yet though.

I'm not gonna waste my time on these traders because the information is not there, and in case of a bug yeah..

Bro use la mod pack for you weapons, will make for a much better experience (better weapon animations/sounds)
greenfish

Postby calvooo » Sun May 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Yeaa.. I wanna find this trader to. Maybe new patch will fix that.
Lets go hunt!
calvooo

Return to Lost Alpha