I'm stuck in Agropom

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

I'm stuck in Agropom

Postby SgtStiffy » Tue May 06, 2014 2:51 am

I can't really do anything. I'm up to the point in the story where I need to speak to Mole in Agropom but he won't talk to me. What am I supposed to do to get him to talk to me? Do I have to kill every military guy loaded in the whole area?
SgtStiffy

Re: I'm stuck in Agropom

Postby Kink » Tue May 06, 2014 8:31 am

Usually i'd say yes... Maybe you could try to kill him, his pda might have the information for the next.... In most of my game (master difficulty) i didn't have choice, he dies everytime !
Kink

Postby SscorpionN » Tue May 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Yes, I have the same problem. Can't continue playing the game and I don't want to start the whole game over just to find out that the bug is still there... Would be nice to hear some suggestions or advices on how to fix this. Meanwhile, I guess I'll have to stop playing Stalker until there is an answer somewhere on how to fix this or a patch is released. Shame. :(

P.S. I've tried killing Mole but he takes no damage. Even grenades have no effect on him.
SscorpionN

Postby Quade » Tue May 06, 2014 7:21 pm

This glitch happened in vanilla. You've got to replay the whole location over again (possibly from an earlier save). Try to save at least one stalker from the group, the last time I caught this bug it was caused by that.
Quade

Postby SscorpionN » Tue May 06, 2014 7:44 pm

But I have no saves from earlier locations. My only chance would be to start over the whole game... :(
SscorpionN

Postby SgtStiffy » Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 am

I have started the game again, and on the second playthrough one of the stalkers is still alive. This is a major game bug, because the quest doesn't say that the stalkers have to survive.
SgtStiffy

Postby SgtStiffy » Wed May 07, 2014 4:56 am

Quade wrote:This glitch happened in vanilla. You've got to replay the whole location over again (possibly from an earlier save). Try to save at least one stalker from the group, the last time I caught this bug it was caused by that.

Also, on my first playthrough I think I did it right... Mole ran out the wall and was talking to me, but then he didn't tell me what to do. I don't have any past saves, am I really gonna have to restart completely? Can someone give me their save file from around there or something?
SgtStiffy

Postby Rom117 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:14 pm

load previous save and talk to him- even after something was cleared. Talk to him untill he has nothing more to say.
Or
try to kill him - or find his dead body and search him. - that triggered it for me

and you need to kill al military in the area of the base/outpost
Rom117

Postby applebook » Sat May 10, 2014 12:26 am

Please tell me that there will be a fix for this major, game ending glitch! You can't proceed if you're stuck in this situation. I don't have another save and will definitely not restart the game...running....running...catching breath...running...running...talk to this guy...repeat for hours? No thanks.
applebook

Postby SscorpionN » Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Well, I restarted the game from the beginning and it took me around 2 hours to get to this point. This time I managed to save a few stalkers and ended the mission - Mole talked to me and led me to the next mission objective. Lesson learned - from now on I will make a lot more saves in this game (not just quicksaves).
SscorpionN

Postby Zeepers » Thu May 15, 2014 12:49 pm

applebook wrote:Please tell me that there will be a fix for this major, game ending glitch! You can't proceed if you're stuck in this situation. I don't have another save and will definitely not restart the game...running....running...catching breath...running...running...talk to this guy...repeat for hours? No thanks.

I just joined the forum to strongly reiterate what applebook has said here but also before I go on I have to say a huge THANKS to the mod devs for all the work they've put in to get Lost Alpha out to us dedicated (read: crazy) zone addicts.

Shadow of Chernobyl was/is probably my favourite game of all time for so many reasons and I spent hours playing & replaying it. When Lost Alpha came along I was ecstatic to be once again returning to the zone. However, I too like many others have been stuck with the retarded Mole at Agroprom because of this stupid bug and it's driving me frickin crazy that I can't progress.

If at all possible can someone PLEASE try to come up with some sort of fix or workaround that doesn't involve restarting the whole game! This is the worst kind of "break" you can have in a game when essentially all the hours of gameplay & immersion up till this point has been a complete waste of time. It's disheartening to say the least. I'm with applebook on this - despite my absolute devotion to this franchise there's no way I can bring myself to go through everything again to play on... :(
Zeepers

Postby CruxMDQ » Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 pm

SscorpionN wrote:Well, I restarted the game from the beginning and it took me around 2 hours to get to this point. This time I managed to save a few stalkers and ended the mission - Mole talked to me and led me to the next mission objective. Lesson learned - from now on I will make a lot more saves in this game (not just quicksaves).

Standard procedure for me is a save per map, when I'm about to leave for another.

Adding a link to this thread and a mention to this particular workaround(ish) on the bugtracking list.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby Zeepers » Sat May 17, 2014 6:50 am

CruxMDQ wrote:Standard procedure for me is a save per map, when I'm about to leave for another.

Adding a link to this thread and a mention to this particular workaround(ish) on the bugtracking list.

Hmm, thanks for the "workaround(ish)" but it's not really a workaround at all, more just good advice to those who haven't started the game yet :wink: Unfortunately, I got a bit gung ho with regard to saving thinking I knew the game so well. I didn't pause to think that maybe a major bug would f*ck me up!

Was hoping someone might come up with a workaround/fix of some kind where we can maybe kill Mole off so we can search him to progress if he glitches like this - at present he just stays in one spot & you can't talk to him or kill him. Here's hoping some bright spark can figure something out...
Zeepers

Return to Lost Alpha