STALKER fine Art

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

STALKER fine Art

Postby MKSchmidt » Wed May 07, 2014 5:29 am

I had an idea to do some paintings based on the STALKER games. These would take the form of basic landscape images at first, paintings of the buildings and environment, but not the more game-play specific things like Bloodsuckers.

I want to present them as simple paintings, just to see how people react to them. Only after they've seen the paintings will they find out that they are actually from a game.

My concern is as to whether screenshots of the game are under copyright or not. I would use screenshots that I took in-game to base the paintings on. I would not want to infringe on GSC's copyrighted material, or use the work of the dezowave team without giving proper credit.

Here is a sample image of what I'm talking about:

It's a quick, small study I did of one of my favorite screenshots. If this project proceeds as planned, I will produce larger, more detailed paintings. One idea was to sell them and share some of the proceeds with the dezowave team, or with whoever still owns the rights to STALKER. I'm not sure how that would all work out. Any advice would be great!
MKSchmidt

Re: STALKER fine Art

Postby dez » Sun May 11, 2014 4:51 pm

looks amazing :) keep them coming!
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Lost Alpha