How to enter X-2?

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

How to enter X-2?

Postby prava » Thu May 08, 2014 1:00 am

Hi!

It seems that the closer you are to the end... the more crashy the game gets :| Sarcophagus was an inferno for me, getting the particles.dll problem left and right, even on R1, it didn't really matter. I also had other sorts of CTD. Oh well, got the "I'm rich" final... but now I need to get to the generators.

And what do I get? I clean the militaries by the door of the lab... but there is no way to open it up :( Unless there is some hidden door somewhere that I'm missing...

a) Ghost is stuck at the entrance of the compound. He just stays there, no dialogue to be found or had.

b) There is no "open the door button". And the "door is lock" shows up.

c) It crashes like hell. It gives me R1, R2 and R3 crashes all day long :(
prava

Re: How to enter X-2?

Postby panzerkiller » Thu May 08, 2014 7:28 am

Are you running the game in compatibility mode? I just switched back to normal today and it seems to have helped a lot. Also, I kinda gave up on running it beyond static lighting for now because that seemed to make the game crash a lot more.
Not to mention that if you load/reload the same savegame a few times that it will sometimes work and sometimes not. Try making a quicksave right before you enter the generators, maybe after a couple of tries it will work for you!
panzerkiller

Postby Zone_Raven » Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 pm

The door should already be unlocked by Ghost w/ the decoder, at least it was for me. He does have a bit more dialogue there at the entrance of X2, just so you know. Maybe try reloading your last save again. Or, failing that, load the autosave and redo the entire map if the former fails. I had to do the latter in X10 too *feels your pain*. :? :wink:

As far as the crashes on the way to on the Generators map heading to X2, it stops once your inside, but I had the exact same issues w/ xrparticles.dll & xrcore regardless of which renderer used (R1, R2, & R3, same results. Particles: @ lowest settings even). It's a veritable CTD festival. I took to quick saving about every 10 paces (stop & don't move during the quicksave, or it will crash while saving more often than not), & after every. single. enemy. killed. It was that bad...

X2's killing me though. Disabled the security lock, and have been looking for an hour for the lockdown disable switch.
Zone_Raven

Postby prava » Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Zone_Raven wrote:The door should already be unlocked by Ghost w/ the decoder, at least it was for me. He does have a bit more dialogue there at the entrance of X2, just so you know. Maybe try reloading your last save again. Or, failing that, load the autosave and redo the entire map if the former fails. I had to do the latter in X10 too *feels your pain*. :? :wink:

As far as the crashes on the way to on the Generators map heading to X2, it stops once your inside, but I had the exact same issues w/ xrparticles.dll & xrcore regardless of which renderer used (R1, R2, & R3, same results. Particles: @ lowest settings even). It's a veritable CTD festival. I took to quick saving about every 10 paces (stop & don't move during the quicksave, or it will crash while saving more often than not), & after every. single. enemy. killed. It was that bad...

X2's killing me though. Disabled the security lock, and have been looking for an hour for the lockdown disable switch.

I made it! Finally!

Regarding the lockdown... you mean the objective that shows a computer that apparently has nothing useful in it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
prava

Return to Lost Alpha