End Game Crash After Crash After Crash

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

End Game Crash After Crash After Crash

Postby bulletbelch » Tue May 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Finished the game. Did not like ending because the game ended too early and because ending was negative like the original. Game crashed at every video setting after entering the CPP door. Errors involved the xparticle.dll and xrRender_R2.dll - with the patch installed. I kept the 10 Xray Engline Reports (Zip files) so that I could send them to you if you need them. Maybe there ought to be an option to by-pass cut scenes because where there are cut scenes there are problems.

I enjoyed the game despite many problems. It should have been longer. What about the free play mode? How does one use that? I am playing the game a second time. This time I didn't kill the Sin at Cordon; other stalkers (and maybe rats) did.

With regard to the help the stalker with the military at Agroprom. I killed everyone and everything that wasn't dead several times (except the deserter). I always found the same dead Stalker. You can't help the dead. There ought to be a way to turn off what cannot be completed.

With regard to the killing all the mutants at the CPP. I reloaded the sequence starting at the jump into the area and the kill the mutant scenario worked. However, that made the game end to early. There was plenty of play left at the other end and read of the building that could have been played had I not followed the LT to the CPT.

Again, this is a great game. I enjoyed playing it very much. The bugs did not bother me as much as the shortness of the game. Good games should go on almost forever.

How do I do the free play thing? I'm not done with this game yet. There is a lot of play left in it.

Thank you very much for all your hard work. It was worth it. Your labors have blessed many people.

Bullet Belcher
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Re: End Game Crash After Crash After Crash

Postby Reaktor4 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 am

Thats not all there is.

### SPOILER ###
There is another ending which is considered the "good ending" when you dont follow the monoliths call and exit the NPP after restoring power. But beware, the generator map crashes every few seconds.
### SPOILER ###
Reaktor4

Postby bulletbelch » Fri May 16, 2014 5:59 am

Hmm. I started the game over and it ran fine up to where I am at now; Garbage taking documents to Petrenko and USB to Velez. Machine crashes to windows over and over. I reinstalled the game. It still does it. I can';t get out of the Garbage.

I hope they get the game more stable. I love playing it; but keep getting bogged down with game crashes.

Bullet Belcher
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Postby Kink » Fri May 16, 2014 11:46 am

It's amazing it was the same with SOC, most people don't know the "true end", they just saw one or two end different at the wishgranter...
Kink

Postby Fry » Fri May 16, 2014 5:34 pm

I know a 'me too' post is useless... but I'm also experiancing continuous crashes inside the CNPP. All of them already reported; ERROR: invalid 'blowout_wind_time_end' in 'zone_galantine' mostly
Fry
Adventurer

Postby CruxMDQ » Fri May 16, 2014 9:20 pm

bulletbelch wrote:Game crashed at every video setting after entering the CPP door. Errors involved the xparticle.dll and xrRender_R2.dll - with the patch installed. I kept the 10 Xray Engline Reports (Zip files) so that I could send them to you if you need them.

Would you please provide these saves so I can link to them on the bugtracking list?

bulletbelch wrote:With regard to the help the stalker with the military at Agroprom. I killed everyone and everything that wasn't dead several times (except the deserter). I always found the same dead Stalker. You can't help the dead. There ought to be a way to turn off what cannot be completed.

I thought I had already added an item for this, but it turned out that there isn't one. Odd. I was sure I had. Anyway, adding it now.

bulletbelch wrote:With regard to the killing all the mutants at the CPP. I reloaded the sequence starting at the jump into the area and the kill the mutant scenario worked. However, that made the game end to early. There was plenty of play left at the other end and read of the building that could have been played had I not followed the LT to the CPT.

Added this to list under 'Quest Issues'.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby johnstalker » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:20 am

I reduced my detail and render settings greatly and virtually eliminated crashes.
johnstalker

Return to Lost Alpha