No Missions, can't progress

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

No Missions, can't progress

Postby iDGames » Tue May 20, 2014 9:51 am

Hey,
I started playing Lost Alpha yesterday and did a few missions at first. Those were:

Active:
"Finding the missing wagon key" -> Found the key, but can't enter garbage to open the stash.

Completed:
"Find information about yourself"
"Take the equipment"
"Find the artifact"
"Rescue novice and retrieve the flash drive"
"Find the second contact"
"Camp elimination" x2
"Get a part of a monster body" x2

Failed:
"Save Fox" -> He was dead when I found him, but I found the information.

Currently I have no more active missions except to find Strelok, I have found nobody who offers any missions and I can enter no other area like "Garbage" etc.
I already tried to simply give Wolf the key without looting the stash, but afterwards I would still get no other mission.

What have I missed? I can't progress and I don't know how to proceed.
iDGames

Re: No Missions, can't progress

Postby Ogi79 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:27 am

Noob....this is not Call Of Duty type game where you dont read ,dont think, and you just shoot everything that move.YOu have too read pay attention on everything,read mission logs ,open PDA read it,see map often ,then you will not stuck at beginning of game.
Ogi79

Postby Shredstorm » Tue May 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Ogi79 wrote:Noob....this is not Call Of Duty type game where you dont read ,dont think, and you just shoot everything that move.YOu have too read pay attention on everything,read mission logs ,open PDA read it,see map often ,then you will not stuck at beginning of game.

Is everything alright at home?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs, take one down patch it around, 117 little bugs in the code.
Shredstorm

Postby Ogi79 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:48 pm

You think i was little harsh ? i am little tired of lazy gamers who everything takes for granted ....its because 99% of games these days are RETARD friendly! So many players expect every game will serve them everything at beginning like infinite ammo,AA guns to shoot down helicopters ,cars that dont consume fuel etc...i ask you WHAT S FUN ABOUT THAT???! sorry , i dont like RETARD friendly games,i like games that needs your brain to be activated ,that are chellenging like STALKER is

PS KEEP THE GOOD WORK DEZO TEAM ....MAKE IT HARDER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
Ogi79

Postby iDGames » Tue May 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Ogi79,
do you think just because this is the internet, you don't have to worry about consequences when flaming somebody? Who are you actually? Do you even have the slightest knowledge about me, how often I play, since when I play Stalker and what my play-style is like?
Get down off your high horse and either shut the fuck up or give some serious answers.
iDGames

Postby Ogi79 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Read, pay attention on everything,read mission logs ,open PDA read it,see map often ,then you will not stuck at beginning of game... i wrote this on my first post....

PS YOU SAID U STUCK AT BEGINNING !
Ogi79

Postby Fry » Tue May 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Have you talked to Sidorovich again? Can't remember exactly but I think he points you to the garbage.
Fry
Adventurer

Postby iDGames » Wed May 21, 2014 1:45 pm

There's no more useful information in the PDA. I start thinking that I can't proceed because Fox got killed and that mission failed, even though I reported this to Sidorovich and I didn't really have another option. Sidorovich by the way does not offer any more missions leading me to the garbage, only those daily "Camp Elimination" and "Get a part of a monster body", which I already completed twice.

However, I did get some "information" from a guy named "Denis Uschhorod". Awkwardly he did not really say a word and neither did I get a new mission, but the dialogue said these two things:
"pda_npc_know_esc_military_cmdr"
"pda_npc_know_esc_darkvalley_anom"

I don't think this is intended like this, is it? I still can't enter any other location, reason being "landslide" or someting similar.
iDGames

Postby Ogi79 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:32 pm

How did Fox die? did u try shooting all and then bandits shot him?!
Ogi79

Postby iDGames » Fri May 23, 2014 10:57 am

I have not seen him die. I found his corpse after I killed the sin.
However, another user was very kind and checked my savegame. It appears it was bugged, he was not able to proceed either.

Meantime I restarted the game and it is working fine now. However, this time I did not kill the Sin.
iDGames

Postby hitmaneidos » Fri May 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Glitches like this happen sometimes and the only way to fix it is to load a previous save game where everything was fine or (worst case) start from the beginning again. Something like this happened to me where the Duty captain at north end of Garbage was dead and I could not proceed to the Bar. Had to restart the game.
hitmaneidos

Postby iDGames » Fri May 23, 2014 7:23 pm

I guess so. I'm doing more frequent save games beside the quicksaves now.
iDGames

Return to Lost Alpha