Stuck - Petrenko Dialog?

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Stuck - Petrenko Dialog?

Postby Ram » Thu May 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Patched to 013, repaired PDA, returned to Petrenko but he has no new dialog.

I've applied the patch found here: http://www.dezowave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1794&p=8353&hilit=Petrenko#p8353 but I think it's related to the bar attack. Either way, it doesn't give new options. What's odd is that the bar attack seemed very glitched but I was able to continue on to Yantar but am completely stuck now with no options, no objectives in my PDA.

Any way to activate a dialog option or at least proceed past it? Thanks.
Stalking you since 1967.
Ram

Re: Stuck - Petrenko Dialog?

Postby Warick70 » Sat May 24, 2014 12:25 am

I have the same problem, but i'm pretty sure mine stemmed from doing a one-over of a mission way before... I think i skipped a vital primary mission and went on ahead with the next main mission... The mission where you must help "Grebel" ( I think thats his name) in yantar is also unfinnishable, i can't seem to get him to reply to me after i finished his mission to kill the bandits. Not only that but most areas in the story where i should be alowed access are still restricted to me altho i have been in the VERY same map via another area node. (Will have my own thread up soon with pics to support my claims)

Sorry to say, i thought this was a different character you were talking about.

So a little piece of what i was doing at that point. I got a call that the bar was being attacked while i was in Yantar just as i retrieved my PDA from the scientist who unlocked a little data but could not fix it, so i ran to the closest Bar-Rostock node, and moved maps. I ran to the check-point/main entrance when the helicopters started to shoot at me and i died several times at the same spot so i shot at them and they did eventually catch fire and then left for a while, then i talked to Petrenko and he showed me where the RPG was, i went and got it but used my TRS-301 gun anyway to shoot the choppers down for good. I returned to Petrenko and he pointed me to where barman is. I ran to barman in the Pripyat outskirts and THEN i got stuck.
Warick70

Postby Ram » Sat May 24, 2014 3:25 am

Warick70 wrote:... used my TRS-301 gun anyway to shoot the choppers down for good. I returned to Petrenko and he pointed me to where barman is. I ran to barman in the Pripyat outskirts and THEN i got stuck.

That's exactly where I'm stuck. Petrenko doesn't have any new options. The bar has already been attacked, I've gone to the outskirts to see the barman and back to Petrenko. Now he says "wish I could find some more men" or whatever his dialogue is but there are no new options to get passed this. The bar's been cleared out, barman's gone to his new spot but Petrenko has squat.

Frustrating because I have 100+ hours into this game, never had any problems until now but the save is borked, I'd have to roll back several days....
Stalking you since 1967.
Ram

Postby viking » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:34 pm

You can buypass it with a small edit to the dialog script.
Go to "gamedata\scripts" and open "dialog_outskirts.script" in a text editor.
There you have to find
Code: Select all
function out_bar_veronin()
   if has_info("yan_bar_help_start") then
      if has_info("yan_dolg_bandits_task_talked") and not has_info("yan_dolg_bandits_report_veronin") then
         return false
      end
      return true
   end
   return false
end

and edit it to this:
Code: Select all
function out_bar_veronin()
   if has_info("yan_bar_help_start") then
      if has_info("yan_dolg_bandits_task_talked") and not has_info("yan_dolg_bandits_report_veronin") then
         return true
      end
      return true
   end
   return false
end

This will bypass the need to finish the greben quest and make veronin talk to you, if i remember right.
viking

Postby hitmaneidos » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 am

Sorry to hear that you have the issue. I guess the only thing to do is to roll back to a working save and start from there. For me, the retaking mission went fine and later Petrenko and some other Duty guys moved to the bar. But if I try talking to him, the game immediately crashed without even a crash report.
hitmaneidos

Postby akapikasso » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:11 pm

Yes I have this problem now ,and a fucking door at the entrance never go quit ,this sound make me crazy!!!
akapikasso

Postby CruxMDQ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:15 pm

The door issue has already been documented and listed on the bugtracking thread.

The Greben workaround I added to the list, too. Brownie points for you, viking!
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Return to Lost Alpha