Problem with some items and editing .ltx

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Problem with some items and editing .ltx

Postby sealside » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Hello fellow Stalkers,

i have a little Problem with editing the mod. First, i dont plan to exactly cheat, i just want to edit some .ltx files in order to correct some things that go wrong.

Specifically, i do have some items in my inventory that seem to be stuck there forever, such as the book from streloks stash and the unadjusted psy helmet. These take away weight i am able to carry forever, by now 2 KG in total, more to come eventually. So i went on and tried to edit my ltx files in order to be able to carry a little more weight, like this:

http://www.desura.com/games/stalker/tut ... ight-limit

downloaded notepad +, found the data and adjusted them. as i wanted to save them, program said that i cant save it because it might be opened in another program (stalker was closed).

I saved it to desktop , deleted the file from stalker folder and copied it in. Still i am only able to carry my 50 KG.

Please help me with that. how do i sucessfully switch the data so i can carry more? Dont hate on me, i dont know much about computers and programms in that area.

sincerly

sealside
sealside

Re: Problem with some items and editing .ltx

Postby vick1000 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:06 am

You need to edit two files, you don't need to download anything, or move anything, the files are already there and edited with regular notepad.

The first is "C:\Program Files (x86)\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\gamedata\config\creatures\actor.ltx"

Change "max_item_mass" to your desired max weight before red level. Find "max_walk_weight" and change it to the value that you wish to not be ble to move.

The second file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\gamedata\config\system.ltx".

Change "max_weight" to the same as "max_item_mass" above, and change "max_ruck" to the same as "max_walk_weight" above.
vick1000

Return to Lost Alpha