Can't move mouse below bottom third of screen?

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Can't move mouse below bottom third of screen?

Postby cerulianboo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:09 am

Just downloaded LA and while the first time I launched everything seemed to be ok (could navigate menus to change resolution etc) it appears that now I'm unable to move my mouse in menus below the bottom third of the screen. As you can imagine this makes playing/using the game a little bit of a challenge, especially in regards to inventory management. Any suggestions for troubleshooting much appreciated :)

Edit: Actually this affects both the bottom third as well as the right-most third of the screen, so I have even less space to use lol.
cerulianboo

Re: Can't move mouse below bottom third of screen?

Postby CruxMDQ » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Now this is a first. I don't remember seeing this one anywhere... do you have any stuff running on the background that could have an overlay (i.e., something similar to the Steam client)?

To troubleshoot this I'd start by killing every program that's not critical.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Re: Can't move mouse below bottom third of screen?

Postby cerulianboo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Interesting, on a hunch I set desktop same resolution as game and it fixed the problem. Haven't had an issue like this with any other game, and desktop resolution is usually lower than a game's when I run one.
cerulianboo

Return to Lost Alpha