The Lost Alpha wiki

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Should the Lost Alpha have it's own wiki?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I don't know
No votes

Total votes : 9

The Lost Alpha wiki

Postby MindFreak87 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello dear friends from the community and from the dez0wave team.
I came to talk about something with you guys and that's just as the title says, the wikia for Lost Alpha. Since we all know how vast the game actually is and since a couple of days ago i requested that the Lost Alpha should have its own page on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R wiki already, but it got rejected for legal reasons already proclaimed by the dead GSC.

Since this would be against their policy, why wouldn't we just start a whole new wiki for the game? I would be kind to start that and help is always welcome.

What do you think about this. I'll also start a poll to see you guys reaction and to at least get a Yes or No from core members of dez's team including him.

Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely: MindFreak87 also known as Hazbulator. :)

EDIT: Since i've already got some positive replies i'm starting the wiki, anybody can help and i surely need help! Feel free to join!

Link:Lost Alpha Wiki
Last edited by MindFreak87 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MindFreak87

Re: The Lost Alpha wiki

Postby tactica » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm totally up for it as long as it doesn't take precious time from the guys who are giving us "STALKER 2" for free.
tactica

Postby MindFreak87 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:27 pm

tactica wrote:I'm totally up for it as long as it doesn't take precious time from the guys who are giving us "STALKER 2" for free.
I would start everything and anybody can join to help.
Together we can do everything. 8)
MindFreak87

Postby Psynexus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 am

I'd like to contribute to this as I've been a long-time Stalker fan and have been collaborating with Stalker fans/modders for years. I've never done anything on wikis besides editing mistakes but I usually end up spending hours browsing through them for information. I would like to see this wiki flourish so I'll start contributing whatever I possibly can. :)
See my Stalker stories! http://www.psynexus.blogspot.com
Psynexus

Postby dez » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Interesting idea. We are working on an sdk release at the moment, and that contains tons of documentations as well which could be upped to wiki.

Also we just enabled the downloads menu here on the main site, will try to fill it with cool stuff.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby MindFreak87 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

dez wrote:Interesting idea. We are working on an sdk release at the moment, and that contains tons of documentations as well which could be upped to wiki.

Also we just enabled the downloads menu here on the main site, will try to fill it with cool stuff.

We've made a lot of progress already, you can see here: http://lost-alpha.wikia.com/

Cheers 8)
MindFreak87

Postby Psynexus » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07 am

One thing that would really help is if someone could crack open the gamedata folder so we can take a look at the assets directly. It would make cataloging everything much easier.
Psynexus

Postby dez » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:08 pm

any kind of stalker unpacker tool can do that for you. you will find nearly 140 levels hidden in the levels dir, not all of them has content, but around 40 to 60 for sure. It might be interesting to check old testmaps we made during the production. Since they did not weight much, I decided to keep them there.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Psynexus » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Thanks for the info, I will get right on that!
Psynexus

Return to Lost Alpha