Find Generators door bug?

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Find Generators door bug?

Postby Psynexus » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 am

I'm in the CNPP control room after watching the cutscene and killing the zombies that spawned but now I can't leave the sarcophagus. During the cutscene when the two scientists with Hazmat suits are supposed to be putting some crates down I noticed the door was closed and they got stuck behind it - same with some of the zombies that spawned outside the room. Is that door supposed to open up after the cutscene - it says its' locked and as far as I tell I'm supposed to go back through there. Thanks in advance.
See my Stalker stories! http://www.psynexus.blogspot.com
Psynexus

Re: Find Generators door bug?

Postby dez » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Which patch are you playing with?
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Psynexus » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:57 pm

1.3003. I'm also running S.L.A.M. pack but I don't think that would affect it.
See my Stalker stories! http://www.psynexus.blogspot.com
Psynexus

Postby dez » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Maybe, but maybe not. All i can say it worked fine in the retail release.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Byte Me » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 am

Psynexus wrote:I'm in the CNPP control room after watching the cutscene and killing the zombies that spawned but now I can't leave the sarcophagus. During the cutscene when the two scientists with Hazmat suits are supposed to be putting some crates down I noticed the door was closed and they got stuck behind it - same with some of the zombies that spawned outside the room. Is that door supposed to open up after the cutscene - it says its' locked and as far as I tell I'm supposed to go back through there. Thanks in advance.

I'm playing the 1.3003 patched release with no mods and this happened to me too.
In fact it happened first time I played with 1.30013 so it might be a minor problem.

My workaround is this:
Start level with a save jic.
Get into Control Room and close the door behind me, this keeps any remaining zombies out and so that it's shut and doesn't need to change state for the final cutscene.
Play the level.
Make a save just before triggering the last cutscene (jic)
Works fine for me then. Don't get Ecologists with boxes moving in opposite directions through a closed door etc.
If any zombies are trying to still get through, they can usually be shot as they partially 'lean through' the door.

If all else fails: reload the initial save - kill all external zombies and rats - shut the door behind you as you progress.
Byte Me

Return to Lost Alpha