Vehicle Behavior is Not Realistic

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Vehicle Behavior is Not Realistic

Postby bulletbelch » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 pm

A rat or a dog can destroy a vehicle. Hit a dog and the vehicle crashes. Run over one and the vehicle crashes. Larger animals can knock vehicles around; which might be possible in real life but this is not real life. A right or left button tap can cause the vehicles to flip. And anomalies provide a free ride through the sky past clouds and out of the game map. The vehicles need to be fastened to the ground in some way; maybe by that thing that hands down underneath them.

I have been playing and replaying Lost Alpha since it came out including after each patch. It is better than SOC, COP, and CS. I cannot say it is as Good as the Half Life 2, Crysis, Ghost Recon, Battlefield, etc. But I have them and play Lost Alpha because it is more fun even if it needs a doctor ever so often. I am on my sixth or seventh or eighth game with a Far Cry 3 and a Crysis 3 and a Half life 2, and a SOC, and a COP, and a CS in between (I have an play lots of games). LA is like my pet puppy, fun to play with but annoying at times. Great job developers. Keep up the good work.
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Re: Vehicle Behavior is Not Realistic

Postby dez » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 pm

We know about this for long, actually vehicle physics is a pain in xray engine, thus they were cut back in 2006 before SoC came out, and they never added them back in any later stalker game. We tried to adjust it, tested a lot, but haven't really felt any significant change, we still havent given it up though... and we are open for ideas.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Lost Alpha