The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - suggestions

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed May 20, 2009 5:46 pm

It would be only natural to want the best protection available. If the most protective suit was a Duty SEVA nobody would be interested in joining any other faction.

The Bandits would have real problems: "So, what kind of protective suit do I get if I join you?" - "Well, we'll give you this leather raincoat. Doesn't help much with bullets, anomolies or mutant attacks, but it keeps you fairly dry."

The tunnel under the road in Cordon would get pretty crowded - safest place in the Zone according to that soldier who hangs out there in CS: I used a freeplay mod and finished the game, returned to Cordon and he was still alive, well and completely unbothered by anything. He'd been there for 17 days and not one shot fired at him nor any mutant attacks.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Kassad » Wed May 20, 2009 7:30 pm

hehe,good one red...But i have an another idea....when you join the Bandits you'll get a bandit leather jacket,as you advance in rank you'll get much better suits...For example i would put the trenchcoat or overcoat(whatever you call it) to be the best bandit armor a player can get...
Two dead S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s are better than one - Old Bandit Mantra
Kassad

Postby Beatrice » Thu May 21, 2009 12:12 am

Aye, so maybe like this..

Novice - bandit leather jacket
Experienced - bandit suit (brown coloured one out of Clear Sky)
Master - trenchcoat

And to make up for the lack of protection, give them a more powerful (but balanced) gun to use.

Red Schuhart wrote:The Bandits would have real problems: "So, what kind of protective suit do I get if I join you?" - "Well, we'll give you this leather raincoat. Doesn't help much with bullets, anomolies or mutant attacks, but it keeps you fairly dry."

Haha yeah change the description to say its got a dragonscale fleece on the inside :wink:
Beatrice

Postby someguy353 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm not sure how much work had been done on this project or what is already in the project, I wanna point out that GSC's old STALKER seem different than the final one, because based on what I've read, they changed much of the game to not alien US audience. This was also stated again before CS was released, as they said a console version of STALKER depend on how CS sells, and they made CS even more brighter.. =/

I not sure about you guys, but I would like that old dark Stalker back.
someguy353
Adventurer

Postby dez » Fri May 22, 2009 10:36 pm

lots of work... all i can say. we worked on this since last year, and when gsc releaed their beta, several of our remakes were already completed. you can read about our project at moddb site. or here on the main site it has a menu slot.

moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

on this site: http://priboi-story.extra.hu/engine/page.php?id=38
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby someguy353 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 am

Ah I see. I was wondering if I chould help out in design some new location that are not found in the beta.

During summer I'll have quite some free time. I have a good understanding in coding, but not mod any games before. I was wanting to add some areas to the ZONE, like Time Machine, Rusty River and some others. If possible can I help out and may be designing those area for the next patch with those new areas, so I would not delay the release of this mod?

I'm sorry if I am asking alot from yous, I just want to get more experience in programing. =)
someguy353
Adventurer

Postby flykas » Mon May 25, 2009 12:34 pm

- option to turn off all the elements off the hood exept bleeding ,radiation , brain boiling etc. indicators. So it would be realistic as you never know how many bullets left in your gun or hom much health do you have. I really hate that it showa where are your enemys.It makes sneeking a bit boring.
flykas

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon May 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Well, it's a video game, isn't it? If you want realism, go play COD4 hardcore. The HUD's turned off, the only "indicator" is your screen bleeding. I personally like it the way it is, perhaps with the "I see you" and "I hear you" indicators off. Normally, I know when something is charging at me.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Tue May 26, 2009 12:53 am

you can press the - key on your keypad to turn off the hud at any time.

And you could say the raincoat is lead-lined and gives pretty good protection against radiation, but it's heavier. Just so it's a little less useless.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Tue May 26, 2009 9:50 am

Yeah, but lead protects from alpha and gamma radiation, but can't protect from neutron radiation and...shit, I forgot the name. Anyway, it's some sort of radiation which happens when something goes BOOM! with beta radiation. Or so I think.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Tue May 26, 2009 3:59 pm

The Zone doesn't exactly obey scientific laws though...
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby flykas » Tue May 26, 2009 11:02 pm

AfterburnzzPX wrote:Well, it's a video game, isn't it? If you want realism, go play COD4 hardcore. The HUD's turned off, the only "indicator" is your screen bleeding. I personally like it the way it is, perhaps with the "I see you" and "I hear you" indicators off. Normally, I know when something is charging at me.

Well ,COD 4 is nothing close to stalker,and stalker at first was intended to be simulator of the life in zone, so I want as much realism as it is possible. With hud turned off I can't see if I'm bleeding or need to eat or etc. For me it would be really big dissapointment if this mod came out to be less realistic than OL mod.
flykas

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed May 27, 2009 1:51 am

Hmmm. OL is a hodge-podge of several mods. Not much realism if you ask me.

As for not seeing if you're bleeding or hungry: I'd imagine your own senses would tell you those things. As your screen character doesn't have those senses (at least not hooked up to your sensoria) the HUD takes the place of them. Without some sort of signal to say 'bleeding' or 'hungry' you'd just plod on until you suddenly dropped dead without knowing why or how.

That would be seriously annoying.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby flykas » Wed May 27, 2009 8:16 am

yeah , so I think the hood should only show those things that naturaly your senses would tell you.
flykas

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 am

Red Schuhart wrote:Hmmm. OL is a hodge-podge of several mods. Not much realism if you ask me.

As for not seeing if you're bleeding or hungry: I'd imagine your own senses would tell you those things. As your screen character doesn't have those senses (at least not hooked up to your sensoria) the HUD takes the place of them. Without some sort of signal to say 'bleeding' or 'hungry' you'd just plod on until you suddenly dropped dead without knowing why or how.

That would be seriously annoying.

QFT

How many times will I have to QFT you, Redrick?

flykas wrote:the hood

Like this hood? :mrgreen:
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha